What's new

P-160 is coming back!

Yup, Joe @ Italian Barber confirmed on FB that ,RR-160 is discontinued and :thumbup1::thumbup::biggrin1: P-160, is coming back. That's all I know for now!!!! yay!!!!:thumbup1:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Well, it might be P-160 and not P.160, but if it's close enough to the Tipo Duro and Tipo Morbido that I know and love, I'll be happy.

Tipo Morbido! Tipo Morbido! Tipo Morbido!

I bet the prices will have increased since the last time this epic soap was available.

While definitely looking forward to its return, anyone want to lay odds on it never living up to the "Old Formula"? Even if the exact same shop went back on line, with the exact same equipment, tools, and workers, using old stock and the exact same recipe & procedures. It will never be quite as good as the old stuff. Just wait and ask those who remember the Original, they'll tell ya :biggrin1:

-s

" But with P. 160 by RazoRock coming to market there would be overlap. Lots of changes this year with RazoRock..." from Joe on FB. Don't know whether Morbido or Duro, but I'll bet on the Morbido first. I look forward to using it and seeing if it's like what I have. I'm banking it'll be yes.

I have enough tipo morbido to see me through 2015. My stash was not made by RR. I can hardly wait for the reviews from folks who have the original and the RR version. I hope RR nails it!

I'd like to know the details of that out of interest. Is it the same factory as before? or just some people who made it while working there starting up a new factory? Did someone buy the name, formula and all the original equipment?

I hope he releases Duro as well. I may be in the minority but I prefer Duro to Morbido. I have a hunch Morbido will take priority though.

It is good news if P.160 is coming back. I just hope it is not just the name but also the old formula. A great soap that is a few notches above Cella for me.

I hope he releases Duro as well. I may be in the minority but I prefer Duro to Morbido. I have a hunch Morbido will take priority though.

Same here, I prefer the Duro as well.

Interesting. Just got my small sample chunk from a kind member in a swap, looking forward to trying.

But, I wonder if this will change Joe's charity sale of the last remaining original brick?

I'd like to know the details of that out of interest. Is it the same factory as before? or just some people who made it while working there starting up a new factory? Did someone buy the name, formula and all the original equipment?

Good Qs. I'd be interested to know myself. I'd heard a story that someone key to the process had passed away...

I have to relay a story someone in the 'in' once told me: he said that P-160 was good but most of soap worship came from that fact that it was discontinued. Even if it's exactly the same soap made by the same people - I very much doubt that new P-160 will please every old-version P-160 worshipper. The debates will continue....

Was there a difference in performance? I've read about differences in firmness and ingredients.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'd love to know more about this soap. All I've heard is people raving over how amazing it is.
Why is it called P.160 or P-160? What makes it so amazing?

I'd love to know more about this soap. All I've heard is people raving over how amazing it is.
Why is it called P.160 or P-160? What makes it so amazing?

"P. 160" is/was the text printed on the box.

I bought my first kilo of P. 160 when it was being discontinued .... wished I wouldn't have because I fell in love and it had nothing to do with availability. For me P. 160 lathers with the kings: Tabac, MdC, etc and is super slick when the lather is yogurt dense. I have to thin some soaps to get slickness which can compromise protection, but this is not the case for P. 160. The only thing I am not totally in love with is the scent. It isn't bad, it is just a pedestrian almond scent. Not offensive just not inspiring, I don't sneak sniffs when in the bathroom like I do with other scents. The post shave face feel is amazing for me, aftershave isn't necessary. If P. 160 was the only shaving soap I could ever use I'd be okay with that.

Last edited:
I don't do the sweet almond/marzipan scent at all.

Great news that a good product is coming back to the market. Did you hear me Maurer & Wirtz?

Good Qs. I'd be interested to know myself. I'd heard a story that someone key to the process had passed away...

I have to relay a story someone in the 'in' once told me: he said that P-160 was good but most of soap worship came from that fact that it was discontinued. Even if it's exactly the same soap made by the same people - I very much doubt that new P-160 will please every old-version P-160 worshipper. The debates will continue....

No doubt that is part of P.160's legendary status as well. It is not a miracle soap, just a damn fine product for those who like it at a very sharp price, and no doubt it will disappoint a few people that will jump at it when it comes back. But just like with Irisch Moos, Klar Kabinett and La Toja Manantiales it are never the mediocre ones that are not produced anymore; those go on forever it seems.

Top Bottom