What's new

P-160 is coming back!

Good Qs. I'd be interested to know myself. I'd heard a story that someone key to the process had passed away...

I have to relay a story someone in the 'in' once told me: he said that P-160 was good but most of soap worship came from that fact that it was discontinued. Even if it's exactly the same soap made by the same people - I very much doubt that new P-160 will please every old-version P-160 worshipper. The debates will continue....

I don't know how being on the "in" would make that comment insightful; that is simply one person's opinion. I think the buying spree that occurred is pretty common among favored products that are being discontinued. And P-160 had plenty of fans when it was being produced. If Williams was discontinued tomorrow, I doubt there would be any rush to hoard pucks.

P.160 is among my favorites, but, for me and from the reviews of Italian croaps I've read, it's the standard YMMV: P.160, Cella, Valobra, Vitos, TFS, 3P, and others (including the much more expensive croaps) are all excellent performers, with the preferences of individual shavers varying according to the usual personal criteria. Cella happens to be my favorite (I haven't tried the expensive ones), but I could be very happy with any one of them as my only soap.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
"P. 160" is/was the text printed on the box.

I bought my first kilo of P. 160 when it was being discontinued .... wished I wouldn't have because I fell in love and it had nothing to do with availability. For me P. 160 lathers with the kings: Tabac, MdC, etc and is super slick when the lather is yogurt dense. I have to thin some soaps to get slickness which can compromise protection, but this is not the case for P. 160. The only thing I am not totally in love with is the scent. It isn't bad, it is just a pedestrian almond scent. Not offensive just not inspiring, I don't sneak sniffs when in the bathroom like I do with other scents. The post shave face feel is amazing for me, aftershave isn't necessary. If P. 160 was the only shaving soap I could ever use I'd be okay with that.

sounds a lot like Cella - which is in my top 3.

so when it is readily available again a simple search of "p.160 shave soap" would turn up results?

Top Bottom