What's new

OWB suggestions for Sig P365?

Hi y'all,

I'll be taking delivery on a Sig P365 soon. I'm a long-time CHL holder, since it was first made possible in Texas. In the past, I've carried everything from a full size 1911 (Les Baer) to a Sig P239, mostly OWB style. I've tried IWB from time to time, and just don't like it much. For me, it's uncomfortable, and not that much easier to conceal than OWB. And the older I get, the more I want a little comfort with my carry, or else I'm less likely to actually carry.

Placed just behind my my side, I can conceal a gun with almost anything from a shirt tail to a jacket. I find that even easier with a Kydex (or similar) holster, which I prefer for a lot of reasons. I've used leather, and like it's looks (I have an Andy Arratoonian for my P239 that is beautiful!), but find myself gravitating to Kydex most of the time.

So, all that having been said, what OWB holster recommendations do y'all have for carrying the Sig P365?

Greg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Hi y'all,

I'll be taking delivery on a Sig P365 soon. I'm a long-time CHL holder, since it was first made possible in Texas. In the past, I've carried everything from a full size 1911 (Les Baer) to a Sig P239, mostly OWB style. I've tried IWB from time to time, and just don't like it much. For me, it's uncomfortable, and not that much easier to conceal than OWB. And the older I get, the more I want a little comfort with my carry, or else I'm less likely to actually carry.

Placed just behind my my side, I can conceal a gun with almost anything from a shirt tail to a jacket. I find that even easier with a Kydex (or similar) holster, which I prefer for a lot of reasons. I've used leather, and like it's looks (I have an Andy Arratoonian for my P239 that is beautiful!), but find myself gravitating to Kydex most of the time.

So, all that having been said, what OWB holster recommendations do y'all have for carrying the Sig P365?

Greg

Congratulations on your new Sig P365 Greg! It is a great little carry gun! A few of us hear own it also. You have come to the right place looking for an OWB holster. We just happen to have someone here very experienced with outside the waistband only carry.

He also just happens to own a P365. He can show you several pictures of his P365 sitting in beautiful OWB leather, made by the finest holster makers. And he can answer any questions you have. Paging @Acmemfg!

Welcome to the Firearms Sub-Forum Greg, it's good to have you hear.

Last edited:
2370F8B4-A7D6-4B10-8E86-C20EFB5F10D2.jpeg
B666F002-7B75-4BB7-998A-F148FB48E801.jpeg
F0CA7DCD-396D-4383-8FF1-BB85623CAE1F.jpeg
DB06620F-6881-425F-8D53-589C545B021B.jpeg
F68A984F-FB62-42DF-B74C-56B07B7C4CCE.jpeg
499FE15B-19CE-468B-9487-FD8212C9ABBA.jpeg
49D92E94-270B-4E7A-8709-31E82792F81E.jpeg
CE0B03F6-0832-4172-B282-E989F217C34B.jpeg
A86670A8-F59D-4D63-8E0D-A73ACBAF02FA.jpeg
5C740742-F9AC-437A-8C45-DEE540D24FFC.jpeg

Hello.
You will love that new P365. I find OWB is consistently (at least for me) the ideal choice for daily carry with any of my weapons. Opinions surely vary but in over 40 years, Leather has proven to me to be the best way to go. If you have one of Andy’s holsters (Horseshoe Leather from the UK) you already know what a top notch leather holster can be. I’m waiting now 6 months+ for one of his holsters (for my Browning Hi Power).
Doubtful I would want to wait that long again. That being said.
Some excellent holsters can be had from (among others) Sam Andrews (Florida), Ryan Grizzle (Georgia), and the Ritchie Bros. (NY).
Not quite on the same tier but certainly worth a look are rigs from Wright Leather Works (OH), Tucker Leather (TX) and Mitch Rosen Leather (NH).
If you must go Kydex, Thies Holster (SC) are a legit choice.
Few pictures
Top to bottom:
1. Tucker Leather
2-3. R. Grizzle Leather (Horsehide)
4.Mitch Rosen Leather
5-6. Andrews Leather
7.Ritchie Bros Leather
8.Wright Leather Works
9.Ritchie Bros Leather
10. R. Grizzle Leather

For the most part I find that the “belt loop snap” style works really well. Easy on-off and quite secure.
Also if you are so inclined, Sam Andrews and Ryan Grizzle do some excellent work with exotic hides; bring your Gold Card!!
Happy Shopping and Merry Christmas.
PS...how long did you have to wait for your Horseshoe holster?

Last edited:

That's some nice leather! The one I got from Andy was well over a decade ago. As best I recall, it was about a two month wait, but I understand he's had some health problems lately and only recently has started to get caught up on his backlog. Plus, he's in his eighties!

Thanks for the tips.

Greg

Acme what style of dress is typical for you with OWB?

I've consistently been using IWB but I'm interested in other options. For road trips I love this time of year as covering a shoulder rig with a fleece jacket is comfortable.

I got to shoot my dad's p365 while visiting him down in Texas last week. I shot it a lot better than the p938 Equinox I picked up awhile back. I'll be getting one!

I would recommend Bullard Leather in Azle, TX as well. I've a few of his IWB holsters and like them.

I have a couple Aliengear holsters and like them too. Wore my Sig RCS Compact daily the last 2 1/2 weeks, mostly in this, tucked under a flannel shirt.

@RandyC
Wardrobe varies. Jeans or BDUs year round. Winter is a big t shirt under a flannel and then a Carharrt or something similar.

During the colder months I usually carry a Sam Andrews Monarch Rig. Sometimes a highly modified Ritchie Bros. Hsh-Pt shoulder rig. Andrews is the superior product though for sure.
Spring and summer. Lose the Carharrt and flannel. Jeans or BDU shorts.
Hey...this is Appalachia......
Year round it’s a R. Grizzle Georgia Snap 2, Andrews Saddle Holster, or occasionally a Ritchie Leather CQ-QR.
Belt is ALWAYS a 1 1/2” specimen by Sam Andrews or Zach’s Gunbelts in Athens GA. Cover it all up with one of those Duluth Traders Big, Plumbers T shirt. All is well.
Oh.
For extended seated applications, a cross draw does well. I have one on order from Wright Leather Works (decent product and they had a big sale last month ...so)
I’ll advise how it works out.

Last edited:
@RandyC
Wardrobe varies. Jeans or BDUs year round. Winter is a big t shirt under a flannel and then a Carharrt or something similar.

During the colder months I usually carry a Sam Andrews Monarch Rig. Sometimes a highly modified Ritchie Bros. Hsh-Pt shoulder rig. Andrews is the superior product though for sure.
Spring and summer. Lose the Carharrt and flannel. Jeans or BDU shorts.
Hey...this is Appalachia......
Year round it’s a R. Grizzle Georgia Snap 2, Andrews Saddle Holster, or occasionally a Ritchie Leather CQ-QR.
Belt is ALWAYS a 1 1/2” specimen by Sam Andrews or Zach’s Gunbelts in Athens GA. Cover it all up with one of those Duluth Traders Big, Plumbers T shirt. All is well.
Oh.
For extended seated applications, a cross draw does well. I have one on order from Wright Leather Works (decent product and they had a big sale last month ...so)
I’ll advise how it works out.
So winter are you wearing the flannel untucked to cover the OWB rig or relying on the coat? That would be a deal killer for me, I can't wait to take a coat off once I get inside.

Summer I'm prone to wear Hawaiian cut shirts with a t-shirt under to cut down on rubbing. The shirt should cover something small in an OWB (leaning toward the p365) just as well as the IWBs I've been wearing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

I like seeing what others are using and in what ways. Never know when I'll find something I've missed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom