What's new

Overwhelmed Newbie

Been participating on some other boards & stayed away from here due to the overwhelming size & the fact that the site went down shortly after registering. So here it goes, another forum to read & participate on. :D

Hi Brian ... welcome! Glad you came back! Lots of info here, for sure, and lots of support also. Don't explore everything at once! What is your current shaving set-up?

Current shave set up:
Prep: TSD ISZ PreShave Balm, hot shower w/ cold finish, hand strop blade
Cream: C.O. Bigelow
Brush: Frank Shaving Fine Badger
Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: Walgreen's Gem

I also have:
Razors: 1912 Gem Junior, Merkur 33C, 1962 Gillette Ball End Tech
Blades: Merkur Super, Wilkinson Swords

Brian,

Sweet collection. I just got a Gem. What do you think of the Walgreen Gem blade? How many shaves do you get from a blade?

Brian,

Sweet collection. I just got a Gem. What do you think of the Walgreen Gem blade? How many shaves do you get from a blade?

Hi Eric,
I've only been using SE for a week now. I spent all week with the Clog Pruf & I'm spending the upcoming week with the Junior. The Walgreens blade has been good. I shaved all 7 days on the same blade & could go longer except I'm wanting to try out the Jr & I will put a new blade in to give me the truest comparison. So far I'm getting closer & more comfortable shaves with less irritation from using the SE. I still need to try quite a few more DE blades so I'm not saying that SE > DE by any means, but in my limited trial I'm liking the SE better.

Hello. Sure it can be overwhelming, but this is the place to go to get underwhelmed. Well, I'm not sure that's the way to say that, but you know what I'm getting at.

Welcome Brian. I think you will find, like I did early on, that this is one of the most helpful and friendly boards around. I don't find the arrogance here that can show up in some places; particularly with experienced, long-standing members. No question was too obvious to elicit other than a polite, informed reply. Even a question asked for the thousandth time is patiently answered with no derision (i.e.- Why are there numbers on the blade?).

Top Bottom