What's new

Overlander Upshot/Oversight

Gentlemen
A few things.
Firstly, I never really liked the CB OC. Too many plate options and quite honestly, I got tired of trying to figure them out. Sold them here. I like options that include mild, medium and aggressive plus blade exposures. That's it.
So I'm looking for a final razor to round out my rotation. Leaning towards the Blutt 1.20. Good reviews etc Mr.Shavington was very helpful as to reviews etc.
But I also noticed there were a lot of reviews for the Overlander. Well, being Canadian I thought lets see what they have in a SB. Cost was good and so were the reviews. It arrived and I spent the next week shaving to see what I had. The first was less than stellar. I then went to a new Feather blade and again I was a bit nonplussed. UNTIL...I figured out this razor was better suited to ATG as opposed to WTG. Holy Moly. WTG gave me somewhat ok shaves...as soon as I went ATG the game changed. I got very close, smooth and comfortable shaves with little to no irritation. ***?
This is kinda opposite to all my other razors which give me pretty close WTG shaves with touch ups doing ATG.
Very comfortable but needs some adjustment as to how you shave. I like it and would recommend this shaver as well...but you do need to know where this razor excels...it's ATG.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Different shaving angle compared to the Christopher Bradley as well, supposedly steeper. Correct?

Gentlemen
A few things.
Firstly, I never really liked the CB OC. Too many plate options and quite honestly, I got tired of trying to figure them out. Sold them here. I like options that include mild, medium and aggressive plus blade exposures. That's it.
So I'm looking for a final razor to round out my rotation. Leaning towards the Blutt 1.20. Good reviews etc Mr.Shavington was very helpful as to reviews etc.
But I also noticed there were a lot of reviews for the Overlander. Well, being Canadian I thought lets see what they have in a SB. Cost was good and so were the reviews. It arrived and I spent the next week shaving to see what I had. The first was less than stellar. I then went to a new Feather blade and again I was a bit nonplussed. UNTIL...I figured out this razor was better suited to ATG as opposed to WTG. Holy Moly. WTG gave me somewhat ok shaves...as soon as I went ATG the game changed. I got very close, smooth and comfortable shaves with little to no irritation. ***?
This is kinda opposite to all my other razors which give me pretty close WTG shaves with touch ups doing ATG.
Very comfortable but needs some adjustment as to how you shave. I like it and would recommend this shaver as well...but you do need to know where this razor excels...it's ATG.
The Overlander is a magic razor. I don’t think I ever paid much attention to how efficiently a razor performs WTG vs ATG, since I always do both and judge the overall result, but what you noticed makes a lot of sense. I find the Overlander to be the one razor that gives me enough efficiency to satisfy me, while giving such a gentle shave that it seems impossible to cause irritation even if I buff far too much.

Aside from the Sailor, I think the Overlander is the best razor I have. Took me a while to buy one, just because I wasn’t excited by the look, and I was waiting for stainless steel (which is coming soon now). But, when I did finally get one, the way it shaved blew me away. A razor this gentle shouldn’t shave this efficiently.

I have both the Brass (had it 24K Gold plated) and the Aluminum. Love them both. The razor is deceiving in being so smooth yet so efficient. The Overlander is different from the Christopher Bradley in that it prefers riding the bar instead of the cap. I have to say they are my #1 & #2 razors!

:eek: Very handy duty & tax calculator link and instructions on their website. That's almost enough to convince me to buy one, haven't seen this explained so clearly anywhere. So thanks for that!

Importing a product classified with HS Code 8212.10.1000 to BE from CA with a value of 125 CAD results in the following:

Duty & Tax Charges

Duty: 0 EUR (Rate of 0 %)

VAT: 24.37 EUR (Rate of 21 %)

Total: 24.37 EUR

Your Total Landed Cost Calculation

Value of Goods: 125 CAD
Duty: 0 EUR
VAT: 24.37 EUR
Shipping: 29 CAD
Insurance: 0 CAD

Total: 140.43 EUR

That's not too bad. I would normally say nay to bead blasted razors but you guys know just how to sell it...
Now to try and resist.
I can't remember the price of the Lambda Athena razor and it's not listed on the website anymore. Can anyone recall it's price?

Edit: sorry I meant to post in the other thread, comparing the Athena, Overlander and Dart.

Apologies for going slightly off topic.

Last edited:
:eek: Very handy duty & tax calculator link and instructions on their website. That's almost enough to convince me to buy one, haven't seen so this explained so clearly anywhere. So thanks for that!

Importing a product classified with HS Code 8212.10.1000 to BE from CA with a value of 125 CAD results in the following:

Duty & Tax Charges

Duty: 0 EUR (Rate of 0 %)

VAT: 24.37 EUR (Rate of 21 %)

Total: 24.37 EUR

Your Total Landed Cost Calculation

Value of Goods: 125 CAD
Duty: 0 EUR
VAT: 24.37 EUR
Shipping: 29 CAD
Insurance: 0 CAD

Total: 140.43 EUR

That's not too bad. I would normally say nay to bead blasted razors but you guys know just how to sell it...
Now to try and resist.
I can't remember the price of the Lambda Athena razor and it's not listed on the website anymore. Can anyone recall it's price?

I think it was 170 euro, but I'm not 100% sure. I also try to buy used razors from the US, since there are plenty of ways to get them the Europe with both cheaper shipping as well as not paying VAT or any other taxes.

My steel Overlander arrived today. International shipping is always really fast and inexpensive with Karve.

08EBD0EB-AE34-478C-A8CE-3D1C13D15575.jpeg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Karve did this already for the Christopher Bradley, a really good idea. But Tatara? Maybe new stands, my old Nodachi stand is all steel, I see no inlay.

Top Bottom