What's new

Outstanding service from ShavingShack.com

Back in 2009 (March 2009!) I bought a few things from The Shaving Shack including a Kent BK4. Since I bought an EJ Brush and a stack of soaps at the same time I didn't use the Kent for months and months (I thought since the EJ was coarser it would lather better than the Kent with soaps - I can say the Kent works great with the soaps I've tried).

The Kent has excess adhesive part way up past the knot and it has always bugged me but I thought it was just residue that would wash out. It didn't and I shelved the brush for a while and just used the EJ - using the Kent every now and then but always shelving it after a few weeks. I've been using it again and love the brush, it's brilliant, feels luxurious and rarely sheds (no surprise there given the amount of adhesive its maker has used!) but the excess adhesive lets it down and feels rough during the shave. I thought I'd email the shaving shack and see if they knew how I could remove it (given it has been 3 years I wasn't expecting a return). Dan passed my details on to their people at Kent and within an hour had arranged for me to send it back for Kent and Co. to inspect. Whether they can fix it or exchange it doesn't matter. The service from Dan was outstanding and the best I've had anywhere at any store, ever. So I just thought I'd pass this story on and give them a plug. I 100% can recommend this store knowing the service they provide.

I'll be ordering from them in the future even though I'm way out in the colonies. It's hard to get Kent products in Australia and I'm keen to support good stores. Besides, I would love a smaller silvertip for face lathering ;)
Many thanks to Dan and the crew at the Shaving Shack! Could not be more stoked with the service.

Last edited:
I should clarify that I messed up the title and couldn't find the option to change it... It should be "Shaving-Shack.com" so you may or may not already know them! They're worth a look though, especially for those in europe/UK

I swear by them , prices are keen and service prompt . Also if you have a account you get awarded what they call "Shave Points" that can be redeemed on future orders for money off .You can also get 10% off by subscribing to their e mail updates aswell as free gifts on all orders over £9.99p.
I am as tight as a ducks backside , but , they get all my business here in the U.K.

Just an update - I shipped the brush to GB Kent & Sons today. I'll post how it turns in a week or so (shipping to the UK?!). It's in the hands of the gods (aka. Kent!) for now.

Final update - and a happy ending!
I'm very impressed with the service at both the Shaving Shack and Kent. Kent replied to my cover letter with their own and a new BK4 which I cannot wait to use. I have been missing it more than I thought I would.

The fact that both the Shaving Shack and Kent were not just willing to deal with a customer from over 2 years ago but go the extra mile and amend an issue that really should have been brought up at the time speaks volumes about their service (and character as retailers). I fully recommend both Kent & the Shaving-Shack to any fellow B&B'er!

Final update - and a happy ending!
I'm very impressed with the service at both the Shaving Shack and Kent. Kent replied to my cover letter with their own and a new BK4 which I cannot wait to use. I have been missing it more than I thought I would.

The fact that both the Shaving Shack and Kent were not just willing to deal with a customer from over 2 years ago but go the extra mile and amend an issue that really should have been brought up at the time speaks volumes about their service (and character as retailers). I fully recommend both Kent & the Shaving-Shack to any fellow B&B'er!

Now that's what I call service!!!! For the most part, we have come to expect that from the vendors who frequent here. They have shown a willingness to make things right and that the customer is happy. If only the rest of those who sold consumer goods thought the same way.

marty

Top Bottom