What's new

Outstanding service from Merkur

I wanted to post my outstanding experience with Merkur.

I have a 10+ year old Futur which I have used as my daily razor, apart from an occasional nostalgic foray with a vintage Gillette. I've tried other razors but always come back to my Futur.

It developed corrosion to the blade support diecasting, which resulted in it beginning to distort and present an uneven opening.

I contacted Merkur, askign where I could procure spares.

A very helpful gentleman, Ulrich, came back very quickly to say that he would send me a replacement support FoC.

Not only did he do that, but I was delighted to open the packet when it arrived from Germany and see that a new head cover was included as well.

You could not ask for more - this really is an outlier in excellence, and clearly a company who believe in, and want to support, their product and customers.

I wanted to post my outstanding experience with Merkur.

I have a 10+ year old Futur which I have used as my daily razor, apart from an occasional nostalgic foray with a vintage Gillette. I've tried other razors but always come back to my Futur.

It developed corrosion to the blade support diecasting, which resulted in it beginning to distort and present an uneven opening.

I contacted Merkur, askign where I could procure spares.

A very helpful gentleman, Ulrich, came back very quickly to say that he would send me a replacement support FoC.

Not only did he do that, but I was delighted to open the packet when it arrived from Germany and see that a new head cover was included as well.

You could not ask for more - this really is an outlier in excellence, and clearly a company who believe in, and want to support, their product and customers.
Wish I would have had this very experience with Edwin Jagger!

For future reference, you can go to merkurshave.com to buy direct spare parts. But free is better.

Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 12.22.41 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 12.19.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 12.19.01 PM.png
    475.8 KB · Views: 4
My only experience with Merkur CS, I purchased a Merkur 180 (23C) and received the exact razor for Christmas. So, I followed the instructions for returns. Reading the the 'return policy', Merkur goes to great length to outline the various steps required to return your money, with an estimate of how long each step would take. My package was delivered the first Tuesday of '2023. My refund posted on Friday. I think that's pretty good Customer Service.

b/r

ON_1

Glad to hear customer service has improved. Very few here had good experience in the past.
As to Edwin Jagger, they have one of the best Customer Service. I know from my own experience.

Perhaps they're learning. I had the exact opposite experience with them and have been calling them out in #'s for over a year about it.

Not from UK but thanks for the info
That is whacky, I mean Germany is like a hop skip and jump away from the UK. This website portrays to be a Merkur factory store but it does not explicitly say it in its "about" page so it is hard to understand who exactly they are. They have a great selection of Merkur parts but looks like they only ship to North America.

Merkur must give free replacements to its EU neighbors. Lucky you!

Top Bottom