What's new

Outlaws need love too

My second shave with the Outlaw today was pretty similar to yesterday....only changed soap and brush. I forgot to mention in my last post that I got the Standard version and it seems to suit me perfectly. I had another great shave....no nicks, no irritation...only comfort and closeness. This is a great razor....glad I stumbled onto this post.

4921C2E0-F23A-4AA7-9E12-97223520D3D8_1_201_a.jpeg

My second shave with the Outlaw today was pretty similar to yesterday....only changed soap and brush. I forgot to mention in my last post that I got the Standard version and it seems to suit me perfectly. I had another great shave....no nicks, no irritation...only comfort and closeness. This is a great razor....glad I stumbled onto this post.

View attachment 1439630
Just ordered another one from Executive Shaving. Maybe im lucky this time! Great shave!

Went a couple of days between shaves as I wanted to check out the Outlaw on more than the daily shave front. The audible feedback went up drastically with the extra stubble.....this thing just sings. Shave was fantastic and lasted all day. This razor seems very good for daily shaves as well as mowing down stubble that's been around for a few days. Great shaver.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Any Evo users, S.S or Ti?
The Ti is a bit on the expensive side, the Outlaw Evolution doesn't have the fancy handle of the Ti version and I really regret that it all is now sold only via Alphashaving's website in Hongkong. The Alpha Viper is one of my favorite handles, I also like the old design Outlaw head, but ordering from a small store in Hongkong always ends in a "pay some VAT and handling" at the post office. I wish he would have some European partners, but then Executive Shaving stopped being part of Europe, with the entirety of the UK, actually, and that was not good for me and other wetshavers. :(

I also regret that the Bandit only existed as a prototype. By now everything is sold via "sign up for preorder", not a fan of this.

I might have got a new Outlaw, but always something else shiny came in between and was more readily available.

The Ti is a bit on the expensive side, the Outlaw Evolution doesn't have the fancy handle of the Ti version and I really regret that it all is now sold only via Alphashaving's website in Hongkong. The Alpha Viper is one of my favorite handles, I also like the old design Outlaw head, but ordering from a small store in Hongkong always ends in a "pay some VAT and handling" at the post office. I wish he would have some European partners, but then Executive Shaving stopped being part of Europe, with the entirety of the UK, actually, and that was not good for me and other wetshavers. :(

I also regret that the Bandit only existed as a prototype. By now everything is sold via "sign up for preorder", not a fan of this.

I might have got a new Outlaw, but always something else shiny came in between and was more readily available.
executive shaving still sells them he just names them differently (just outlaw). and he seems to have his own version long handle.
he is IOSS registered so it should be more easy shopping from withing the Euro zone.

earlier i checked (today) the stainless version of the Evo was available at the alpha website now it seems sold out again.
3 handles are available Bravo, Braveheart and Viper 95.

executive shaving still sells them he just names them differently (just outlaw). and he seems to have his own version long handle.
he is IOSS registered so it should be more easy shopping from withing the Euro zone.

earlier i checked (today) the stainless version of the Evo was available at the alpha website now it seems sold out again.
3 handles are available Bravo, Braveheart and Viper 95.
I made a long version of the Bravo (I think they call it Suregrip?) handle just for Executive Shaving - IMHO its way too heavy though... I will be listing some barber pole handles soon in SS 316L - the same designs as the titanium handles.

This is by no means an unknown razor or something that shaves under the radar. But I really do think that this razor does not get the love it deserves. The razor at hand is the ”Outlaw” by Alpha Shaving Works (or Executive shaving).

Ofcourse everything is subjective, YMMV and so on. This is my personal experience and I thought I might share it. Simple as that.

Long post warning!!!

So, lets start with some background information and personal preferences because that is deemed relevant for some.

I shave daily, prefer milder razors. Prefered blade is the Gillette Platinum and lean towards synthetic brushes, although a sneaky SHD badger joins the shave sometimes. Growth is medium (whatever that means), not too heavy but not light enough that I could wipe the stubble off with a towel. I have this one spot above my Adams apple where the growth is akin to a fever dream and is always a pain to shave. I usually get some irritation on THAT spot but nowhere else. Usually do 2.5 passes (2 WTG on the neck though, never ATG down there). Been wet shaving for about 6-7 years.

Personal Favourites:

Feather AS-D2
Karve Overlander
Tatara Masamune

Now with that out of the way. I’ve seen this razor on several SOTDS and read about how efficient it is and all that jazz. Never gave it much thought because I thought that it didn’t look like anything special. Stupid? Yeah. It just looked like a variation of a DE89 and that was a pass for me (nothing wrong with a DE89, I own one).

A week or so ago I traded some stuff with a friend of mine and he added the Outlaw with the standard head as a bonus. He just didnt like it. Oh, cool I thought and buried it in the pet cemetary with all the other unused and shunned gear. But there was something about it that stuck in my mind. The feel, the polish, balance. I kept thinking about it. So I just said screw it, and gave it a shot.

•Zingari x Rogue Mousse Illuminee
•Omega Evo
•Gillette Platinum
•Witch Hazel
•Pro Victis cream from SV

I wont lie. I got a bit ”iffy” looking at the assembled razor. The blade exposure was…generous and plenty of gap. The blade did not seem to be supported as well as ”modern” artisan razors. But the end tabs were covered. So thats nice. The standard head has a .72mm gap and just barely positive exposure.

Lathered up and started swooshing. The first thing that struck me was the sound that this thing makes. Its like hearing a guitar hero sound checking. You just know you are in for a ride. I usually use ”feel” to gauge my angle and pressure. Rarely sound. This razor changed that. The second thing I noticed was the blade feel. For me, its just perfect. I dont mind blade feel but some blade forward razors are just uncomfortable to use for me, like the Blackbird and the Ambassador on higher settings. This was different, the blade was present at all times but never harsh or uncomfortable. It acts like a reassuring guide through the shave. To be honest, it felt like shaving with a perfectly honed/stropped straight using a near perfect angle. No felt chatter at all and it also had a very wide angle span. Meaning that the razor did not punish you if your angle was a bit off (This also means that it lets you choose prefered angle, steep/shallow without drama).

This razor lets you feel and adapt to the different parts of your face. The blade feel also kind of forced me to use proper pressure (some milder razors lets you shave like you were painting abstract art). This razor keeps you focused without being a chore.

I had NO weepers, cuts or irritation post shave and my face was nearly BBS (which lasted about 13 hours). No irritation on my weird Adams Apple spot and that area was even clean shaven. Very rare for me. Same and better results 5 shaves later.

Shaving is subjective. There is no such thing as razor that is amazing for everybody but there are some razors that work really good for alot of people. Razors with high regards like:

Karve CB(I’ve tried AA—>C in SB, and A—>B in OC)

Timeless(I have the .68 SS)

Charcoal Goods (I have the Everyday)

RR Gamechanger/Lupo (I have the .84 and the .72)

And so on.

This razor is right there at the same level at least. Without a doubt. This is becoming a favourite really fast and it really deserves more mention and use.
Quality and build is as good as any 300$£€ + razor without the said pricetag. Give it a shot.

Thank you for reading if you made it this far.View attachment 1437339
nice!! - you got a brass handle too - one of only 25 made.

I get one of the SS Evo's one of these days. Don't need it at all but it is on my short list to try. Really prefer thin heads but open to try the evo sometime down the 2024 road. But love thick 13mm handles ( that are not hollowed out)!
BFX

I received the SS Outlaw Evo and used it twice so far. Extremely comfortable shaves. It's easily my #2 razor after Overlander now. I'll probably be primarily shaving with Overlander and Alpha Evo, and try to sell off the other razors I got.

Top Bottom