What's new

Out the gate, out of control!

Hello all,
Thank you for allowing me as a new member here at B&B. I suspect some of you may know me "SixCats!" as a long time member of Basenotes.net (since 2003). I recently (very recently) started to collect vintage Razors. The reason being (in part) is I got sick and tired of paying for expensive Cartridge Razor Blades and I've read here and elsewhere that once you try the likes of a DE (old School) Razor, you'll never look back. I must say, these positive reviews/comments piqued my interest so, this past Sunday, I set out to search my local Flea Market for (some type) of old School TTO DE Razor. I can't believe my luck! The very FIRST table I approached had a nice condition old Razor sitting on the shelf. I was told it had just been put out for sale. Long story short, I paid eight dollars ($8.00) for this Razor. I took said Razor home, cleaned it up and it looks quite nice. So, after cleaning the Razor, I began my research on this Razor. Welly welly well, me thinks I got pretty lucky out the gate! I am now the owner of a vintage Gillette (marked) D4 FATBOY adjustable Razor. If memory serves, I believe it is circa 1958. I look forward to using this FATBOY as soon as my new pack of (one hundred) Blades arrive in the Mail. Since Sunday, I purchased THREE more Razors! (Stop me, I'm out of control). I found a near pristine condition H. Boker & Co. KING CUTTER Straight Razor.
It was in such nice condition, I just had to buy it. I don't know if I'll ever work up the Nerve to use a Straight Razor but, nevertheless, I'm glad I purchased the Boker (cost me $23.00). Today, I purchased two more vintage Razors, one is a vintage (Ball end) Gillette NEW "long Comb" which cleaned up beautifully. It does have two very fine hair line cracks at the Ball end which I didn't even notice until after I started researching this neat old Razor. I don't think it will negatively effect my using this Razor. I paid ten dollars ($10.00) for the "NEW". And.....last (but not least) I found a very nice condition Vintage Ever-Ready Improved Single Edge Safety Razor, 1912 Patent, Made In USA, Circa 1930 - 1933. I paid twenty dollars ($20.00) for this ultra cool Ever Ready. The Ever Ready looks like the one pictured (borrowed) here :

proxy.php

My Ever Ready isn't quite a shinny (yet). Condition wise, beautiful!
At any rate lol, I ramble. Thank you for allowing me to be part of this Club!
Ooh, now that I own THREE vintage Safety Razors, I'm wondering which one is going to give me the best shave ?
This should be fun!

Regards,

SixCats!
Welcome aboard sir, and welcome to this exciting new hobby.
Sounds like you’ll fit in just fine
Let us know how you get on with the razors and please keep us posted on your shaving journey, new acquisitions etc :001_tongu

Last edited:
Thank you Gentleman for the warm welcome! Oooh, tonight, I'm a gonna try my Ball End Gillette NEW!
This should be interesting!

SixCats!

Top Bottom