What's new

Our Web site has been Hacked!

Hello,
Over the weekend someone with nothing constructive to do, hacked or highjacked depending on you point of view our web site. However we at Above the Tie want everyone to know that we have taken action to correct the problem. We are working with Google and they tell us the site should be back fully functional and clean of any virus very soon. Also no ones personal information was compromised. Thanks for you patience and moral support as we work through this mess that someone dumped in our lap. I never liked hackers, now I really dislike them. I will post when all is well.
Again thanks for your support and encouragement.
Stan

When you change your control panel and FTP passwords, use a 13-15 character random alpha/numeric sequence with at least 2 special characters. Something like mY3c&gW9hz%QpY is a lot harder to crack that myPassword or Admin or any other such "word"

Another thing to look into is site/page coding that will allow an SQL injection attack where a visitor can upload a package, then log in and activate it to gain control over the content.

http://www.zdnet.com/sql-injection-attack-what-is-it-and-how-to-prevent-it-7000000881/

Join the club....As soon as you become a "vendor"your whole world is under assault. Tighten up your passwords..no real words or letters that form something...Just letters numbers and a symbol.

Why do people do this? for what possible plesure do they get? I'm just a regular guy who can bumble about the internet and take part in a couple of forums with like minded folk. Why would you want to **** up some ones site? If you've got a compaint, it must be easier to got to the store or contact the vendor to sort it out rather than sitting huddled around your PC finding ways of breaking into the electronic codes and sercurities. Or am I missing something?? Anyhow good luck with getting back to normal.

Why do people do this? for what possible plesure do they get? I'm just a regular guy who can bumble about the internet and take part in a couple of forums with like minded folk. Why would you want to **** up some ones site? If you've got a compaint, it must be easier to got to the store or contact the vendor to sort it out rather than sitting huddled around your PC finding ways of breaking into the electronic codes and sercurities. Or am I missing something?? Anyhow good luck with getting back to normal.

for most, it is the thrill of a mass amount of people seeing your work. to these people, it is like painting a mona lisa, and getting it displayed in some big shot's art gallery.

you also have to understand that the majority of "real" hackers (and i'm not talking about basic script kiddy's, and easy injectors) are very intelligent, however, lack all and any social skills.

it sucks that it happened to you guys good luck with your restore!

remember, 99% of attacks are port scanned and people consistently sweep the net. i had a laptop plugged into one of our external ip's with literately no security, and i watched it slowly turn into someone's malware / botnet server over the course of a weekend :mad3:

Stan, I noticed that when I went to your site over the weekend. I was surprised when a warning came up saying it wasn't safe, and my connection wouldn't go through.

Hope all is corrected soon for you.

Top Bottom