What's new

Our little brush project ... How are we doing?

A few pics more of the recent batch.

First one: the acacia 56 type, for comparison next to a cell phone cover.
It has got the two band badger from TGN, set pretty low-ish.
It's a medium big brush, with an excellent grip and a great performance with soap.
I think we designed it for someone else originally, but this one is going straight to my rotation.

Next: the Wee Scot type.
I forgot the wood, but maybe Aart can chime in.
This one got the 16 mm TGN badger knot.
This one is gift to a friend of mine in the north of The Netherlands and was built to his ideas and specifications of loft height and size.

For these brushes, we turned to spraying the lacquer which gives a very good result.
The brushes are finished with a carnauba wax layer.

There's more to come, Aart has started on two more acacia Wee Scot types and a little tonneau (which is a perfect shape for a brush handle!) and there's also a cherry wood 56er in the making :001_tt2:.

Attachments

• $2011-09-12 13.31.28.jpg
    $2011-09-12 13.31.28.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 84
  • $2011-09-12 13.35.09.jpg
    $2011-09-12 13.35.09.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 83
I hate to Necro a thread but is this still going on? I was also looking at refinishing ideas and though maybe a burl handled brush in the reverse bulb or one of the flat bottomed ones done with a brass piece on the bottom would look cool?

http://rebornpipes.com/

this guy does alot of refinishing with flaming alcohol based stains and it lends a beautiful color and i believe uses a wax based clear coat.....just some ideas floating around.

Top Bottom