What's new

Our First Anniversary in our Bloomsbury, NJ store!

We opened our new store, "Stone Cottage Soapworks Inc. & The Artisan Emporium" one year ago today! Along with handcrafted soap and shaving cream we sell bath salts, Rudy Vey shaving brushes, robes, towels and handcrafted jewelry from Turkey, Tea from Sri Lanka, soap dishes, body brushes and other bath accessories. Stone Cottage Yarnworks sells hand dyed yarn and all weights of yarn from Pennsylvania as well as accessories such as knitting needles. My partner and I teach knitting classes as well!

We are located in Warren Glen, NJ on Route 627 near Route 519, 8 minutes from Route 78 and 6 minutes from the Riegelsville Bridge to Upper Bucks County in Pennsylvania. Please stop by for a visit!

Congratulations David - I really enjoy using your shaving creams.
In fact they're the only ones I use these days!
:thumbup:

ps - would really like to see a straight citrus scent someday ;-)

<brian landers>

Thanks Brian!

I appreciate your congrats! I also appreciate your business. Your package should arrive early next week and there's a little present in there for you in appreciation of your continued business. :w00t:

Tell me more about your citrus "fantasy"! Straight Orange, Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit or some other notes?

Thanks again for your support!

Thanks Brian!

I appreciate your congrats! I also appreciate your business. Your package should arrive early next week and there's a little present in there for you in appreciation of your continued business. :w00t:

Tell me more about your citrus "fantasy"! Straight Orange, Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit or some other notes?

Thanks again for your support!

Nice! Thank you!! And always happy to represent a wonderful product like yours :thumbup:

If I was to pick a citrus fantasy it would predominately orange, like Manderin orange, with a little grapefruit and lime. And maybe a little tiny bit of ginger, too? I also believe that Native Americans used a certain kind of pine needle (fir?) to make a medicinal tea as it contains a ton of vitamin C. I was once shown which needles to chew and the "juice" is surprisingly citrus-like in flavor and aroma. I wonder if that would/could be incorporated also?

Anyway - that's my thoughts :001_smile

Thanks for your congratulations, gentlemen, for our first year in our new space! We've actually been in business since 2003 with our first retail store opening in 2005 for six and one half years but it is nice to have a space we own and can call our own! I look forward to expanding our offerings and appreciate the input for possible products and scents! I also want to thank all of my Badger and Blade customers who are sending me to the Post Office more frequently each week! :wink:

David, just curious about something. Are you familiar with the Pine Barrens?

I'm looking for a shave soap that has the scent of the Pine Barrens during the heat of summer: pine (black and white pine, dry pine needles), eastern white cedar, the mineral smell of sand, and some vegetal scent from the understory shrubs (wild blueberry and sassafras). Is this something you would be willing to tackle?

Another "New Jersey" scent would be a blend of teaberry and blueberry, maybe with a touch of menthol. Teaberries and blueberries are native to NJ, and the Pine Barrens in particular. Teaberries have a slightly minty essence and would be a nice alternative to the usual summer mint/citrus scents.

David, just curious about something. Are you familiar with the Pine Barrens?

I'm looking for a shave soap that has the scent of the Pine Barrens during the heat of summer: pine (black and white pine, dry pine needles), eastern white cedar, the mineral smell of sand, and some vegetal scent from the understory shrubs (wild blueberry and sassafras). Is this something you would be willing to tackle?

Another "New Jersey" scent would be a blend of teaberry and blueberry, maybe with a touch of menthol. Teaberries and blueberries are native to NJ, and the Pine Barrens in particular. Teaberries have a slightly minty essence and would be a nice alternative to the usual summer mint/citrus scents.

i can't vouch for the "New Jersey-ness" of the teaberry/blue berry/menthol scent but I would love to try that shave cream combo. And congrats on your anniversary! Sounds like I need to make an order according to the lads!

Hmm, didn't realize it before, but teaberry is not the proper name. The more popular name is Wintergreen, and it is native to the eastern seaboard. The essential oil is used as an anti-inflammatory.

It's apparently called teaberry because locals used the leaves to make tea when real tea was scarce or too expensive. We always just eat the berries when we can find them, but I may try to make a tea from the leaves.

Blueberries as we know them were first grown here in the New Jersey Pine Barrens, at a place called White's Bog.

That very specialized combination sounds interesting. I did carry pine scented soaps in my store years ago but they didn't do well for me. I'm from Massachusetts and am very familiar with Bayberry and that may have some appeal as I carry a couple of varieties in the store. Things like Wintergreen although they are nice scents are not something you can make soap with as they contain for harmful chemicals. There are Teaberry fragrance oils available but I have not smelled one and they would not have those chemicals in them. I'll check around and see what I find! Thanks again for the good wishes!

Back to work! Body Wash is my next project and Liquid Soap will go up on the site shortly!

Regards,

Top Bottom