What's new

Our employee had a temper tantrum

IMG_7291.jpeg

NOT what happened at all - totally kidding but it does make for a funny caption.

When ceramic meets concrete floor this happens and it wasn't the first time. This was an easier cleanup compared to the bottle of aftershave that The Captain dropped!

Which reminds me...

Some time back we had shipped four cases to a retailer of ours, a total of 96 bottles. One week after we shipped, they ordered another four cases. So I double checked, thinking they may not be aware the first order was in house. "Oh, we know it is in house all right..." was the answer. Their email response went on to explain what happened.

A guy not very familiar with operating a forklift scooped up the skid with four cases on it and lifted the skid way up high. Then he put it in gear and headed down the long aisle. But he was in a hurry because his shift is ending and he had several tasks to do. As he gets to the end of the aisle he makes a hard left turn and all four cases slide off the skid and hurtle down to the concrete. They assured me it was loud and smelled great. :biggrin1:

Then I thought, "Hey, I need to have him run the forklift at ALL of my retail accounts!"

Last edited:
View attachment 1475472

NOT what happened at all - totally kidding but it does make for a funny caption.

When ceramic meets concrete floor this happens and it wasn't the first time. This was an easier cleanup compared to the bottle of aftershave that The Captain dropped!

Which reminds me...

Some time back we had shipped four cases to a retailer of ours, a total of 96 bottles. One week after we shipped, they ordered another four cases. So I double checked, thinking they may not be aware the first order was in house. "Oh, we know it is in house all right..." was the answer. Their email response went on to explain what happened.

A guy not very familiar with operating a forklift scooped up the skid with four cases on it and lifted the skid way up high. Then he put it in gear and headed down the long aisle. But he was in a hurry because his shift is ending and he had several tasks to do. As he gets to the end of the aisle he makes a hard left turn and all four cases slide off the skid and hurtle down to the concrete.

Then I thought, "Hey, I need to have him run the forklift at ALL of my retail accounts!"

This is why mine is copper. Helps me avoid the sadness.

This is why I ordered the copper bowl. However, since receiving the ceramic bowl, I have only used the copper once or twice. Both work great, but the ceramic just seems a tad bit better.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
View attachment 1475472

Which reminds me...

A guy not very familiar with operating a forklift scooped up the skid with four cases on it and lifted the skid way up high. Then he put it in gear and headed down the long aisle. But he was in a hurry because his shift is ending and he had several tasks to do. As he gets to the end of the aisle he makes a hard left turn and all four cases slide off the skid and hurtle down to the concrete. They assured me it was loud and smelled great. :biggrin1:

@Captain Pre-Capsize How have you been Scott?

When I read your title, I thought to myself, "What could have happened, to make an employee snap like that, and destroy product?" You being the silly guy you are, you were fooling me you lol. This is the reason why forklift operators have to be licensed to operate forklifts, with that yellow card to prove it. He was pressed for time, knew what he was doing, and did it anyway. I wonder what his punishment was lol.

And I bet it made the warehouse smell wonderful, I bet the warehouse never smelled that wonderful before. "Say, whats that smell?" "Thats the smell of Captains Choice, aint it great!" 😄 Knowing how much your aftershave costs, I'd say, that was a costly experience indeed lol.

This is why I ordered the copper bowl. However, since receiving the ceramic bowl, I have only used the copper once or twice. Both work great, but the ceramic just seems a tad bit better.
This has been my experience as well. I have dropped my copper one once and my wife has dropped it once as well, so the copper is still my go to even though the ceramic seems to do a little better.

It had its whole life ahead of it…
Right?!?! It never got to experience the joys of being filled up with a thick, soft, slick, and protective lather.

Worse, it never got to be oohed and ahhed over by someone admiringly as it catches the light just right while being unboxed for the first time. 😢

I still remember unboxing my Cobalt Seaworthy and being awes by its beauty. Scott's lather bowls are truly great works of art!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Right?!?! It never got to experience the joys of being filled up with a thick, soft, slick, and protective lather.

Worse, it never got to be oohed and ahhed over by someone admiringly as it catches the light just right while being unboxed for the first time. 😢

I still remember unboxing my Cobalt Seaworthy and being awes by its beauty. Scott's lather bowls are truly great works of art!

I will make you feel better, because I will show you my Captain's Choice hardware.

Captain's Choice Cobalt Lather Bowl!
proxy.php

Captain's Choice Starry Night Lather Bowl!
proxy.php

Captain's Choice Starry Night Scuttle!
proxy.php

And can you feel, the love tonight? 😍

CCLatherBowl.jpg

I was rinsing out the bowl and it slipped out of my hands and knocked out a bit chunk. So I laid on a big bead of silicone over it and turned it into a great resting spot for my brush. About a month later my clippers fell out of my medicine cabinet and knocked out a little chip.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I worked in a freight distribution warehouse at the end of my working years. I had licenses for 7 different pieces of equipment. The only piece I couldn't drive was the floor scrubbers.

The batteries alone weighed more than an average car. I was always drove them with a healthy amount of fear.... Respect, sure... but some fear mixed in there as well. I've seen some pretty bad accidents..... freight damage is one thing but several people were hurt over the years. One guy lost his leg and several people had compound bone fractures.

You can never be too careful when using heavy equipment.

I worked in a freight distribution warehouse at the end of my working years. I had licenses for 7 different pieces of equipment. The only piece I couldn't drive was the floor scrubbers.

The batteries alone weighed more than an average car. I was always drove them with a healthy amount of fear.... Respect, sure... but some fear mixed in there as well. I've seen some pretty bad accidents..... freight damage is one thing but several people were hurt over the years. One guy lost his leg and several people had compound bone fractures.

You can never be too careful when using heavy equipment.
I saw an unmanned forklift roll up and pin someone against some pallets. Injuries and lawsuits ensued.

Top Bottom