What's new

Our 3rd, 10-Week Bullseye Session Starts on 8/29/2022

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Thanks John! I've updated the spreadsheet to show the 264.006. Glad to see I'm not the only one who gets confuzzled.

All of us are current at this point. Rob will join us soon.

Yes I will. And y’all better watch out. I’m feelin’ dangerous…. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I couldn't seem to get out of the 70's on slow fire today. I work the weekend, so I'll have to catch up early next week.

OkieStubble

I was dealing with several different things today I got slammed with and just couldn’t get to the range. I gotta get caught up come next Friday, I’m already 5 weeks down.

I gotta make my range visits count, but it seems weird shooting for a bunch of different weeks on one visit.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I would think that shooting for several scores in one session would be very tiring and that eventually performance would go downhill, at least it certainly would for me, YMMV.

OkieStubble

I would think that shooting for several scores in one session would be very tiring and that eventually performance would go downhill, at least it certainly would for me, YMMV.

I think so too, but I’m gonna get too far behind if I don’t catch up now and real life at the moment isn’t letting me get to the range every week.

Before I stripped the screws in my pistol, I was already planning to maybe shoot a couple of weeks every couple of weeks anyways, to cut down on my visits every week.

Between traveling, or making plans or just other things that come up, If I can’t get to the range every week I get behind, so it’s either being caught up with scores that might reflect some fatigue, or finish my 3rd 10 week session, 6 weeks after the 3rd session was over. :)

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I don’t want to waste my score from this week. I may be on to something with my grip. I posted my SF target. 1st 5 outer rings, changed my thumb, 2nd 5 inner rings.

SF-73
Timed-84 1X
RF-91 3X

Here is my SF target.
6DC04EA5-F642-4E63-8E2E-C3DB8260BF45.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t want to waste my score from this week. I may be on to something with my grip. I posted my SF target. 1st 5 outer rings, changed my thumb, 2nd 5 inner rings.

SF-73
Timed-84 1X
RF-91 3X

Here is my SF target.View attachment 1531743
248 - 4X is a great score and too good to throw out.

I shot this week too. My round was in my normal score range. No one else seems to have put holes into paper. Here are my thoughts on your valid request not to lose a personal best.
  • I can replace that 227 you shot on Week-1 with that great 248-4X score.
  • You could hold onto that 248-4X score and use it where needed during the next five weeks.
Given your rapidly improving scores, I'd go with the first option. I don't think anyone will have a problem with either choice.

I haven't heard from Tom or John yet as to their thoughts on letting this week be a catch-up week.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
248 - 4X is a great score and too good to throw out.

I shot this week too. My round was in my normal score range. No one else seems to have put holes into paper. Here are my thoughts on your valid request not to lose a personal best.
  • I can replace that 227 you shot on Week-1 with that great 248-4X score.
  • You could hold onto that 248-4X score and use it where needed during the next five weeks.
Given your rapidly improving scores, I'd go with the first option. I don't think anyone will have a problem with either choice.

I haven't heard from Tom or John yet as to their thoughts on letting this week be a catch-up week.
I will take option 1, Bob.

I too have trouble getting to my range regularly but the current system of catching up as I can works for me. In any case, this league gets me back to the range more often than I had been. 😁

I plan to get to the range tomorrow and catch up. My range’s usual bullseye matches are 600 or 1200 (60 rounds per gun (we dropped from 90-rounds per gun with the ammo shortages)), so I’m up for getting a couple week’s catchup in a day. (I’m sure I’m not up for a 2700 match 😆)

Tom

I too have trouble getting to my range regularly but the current system of catching up as I can works for me. In any case, this league gets me back to the range more often than I had been. 😁

I plan to get to the range tomorrow and catch up. My range’s usual bullseye matches are 600 or 1200 (60 rounds per gun (we dropped from 90-rounds per gun with the ammo shortages)), so I’m up for getting a couple week’s catchup in a day. (I’m sure I’m not up for a 2700 match 😆)

Tom
I've gotten to the point where I can do two sets of 30 rounds with the second set being better than the first. We don't want to talk about the 3rd set...

OkieStubble

Finally got back to the range to catch up. Put the original top receiver with the OEM iron sights back on. I should have re-sighted it in, but didn't bring a screwdriver or anything with me in order to do that. It was grouping about 3-4 inches high, but I was desperate to catch up, so I just shot and made due.

Went ahead and shot everything two handed. Gotta crawl before I can walk. Also, after replacing the top screws, switching out the red dot for irons and cleaning and lubricating my pistol. got to the range and the pistol was having loading and extracting reliability issues for the first two magazines. It straightened out after that and became more consistent with reliability. until when I was almost done shooting the 6th and final week and it started choking again, probably because it got dirty again after the 300 rounds I put thru it. Is a .22's pistol reliability only good for 300 rounds before it starts clogging up from getting dirty?

Kinda frustrating.

Week 1:

Slow: 54
Timed 82 1X
Rapid:84 1X

Total: 220 2X

Week 2:

Slow: 63
Timed: 88 1X
Rapid: 80

Total 231 1X

Week 3:

Slow: 64
Timed: 80
Rapid: 77

Total: 221

Week 4:

Slow: 66
Timed: 91
Rapid: 74 1X

Total: 231 1X

Week 5:

Slow: 75
Timed: 82
Rapid: 63

Total: 220

Week 6:

Slow: 60
Timed: 63
Rapid: 69

Total: 192

Ima gunna git those irons sighted back in before next week. Hopefully my two handed shooting will improve. I was gonna split up this 3rd 10 week session, 5 irons and 5 red dot, but I think I will just stay irons and two handed and see if I can improve my overall averages after sighting back in. Also, I took a pair of bi-focals a pair of readers and just regular shooting glasses.

The bifocals made the sights washed out and blurry, :( but the target was crystal clear.

the readers made the sights crystal clear, but the black circle target was completely washed out and blurry. :(

So I just shot with the regular safety glasses, where the sights were just slightly doubled and kinda fuzzy and the black target circle was slightly doubled and kinda fuzzy. I sort of got the hang of it after shooting 6 straight weeks. I just used the fuzzy center that was between the two doubled front sight posts and aimed it at the center, between the two fuzzy doubled black circles.

I need to get stinkin' drunk and go get some Lasik. :)

EDIT: I also kept all of my targets if any of them need to be seen.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Perhaps you should experiment with different cheap readers that keep the irons sharp and the bull not too indistinct?

My .22 pistols do get dirty quickly. Sometimes I can stave off a total cleaning by brushing off the bolt face. But it certainly is not like shooting a Glock!

Top Bottom