What's new

Our 3rd, 10-Week Bullseye Session Starts on 8/29/2022

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Thanks Scott!

Plateaus are part of all measured sports. Getting off a plateau might require new/different equipment, a new process, and/or training. Training and practicing are not necessarily the same things.

Here's a link to read... Plateau plateau plateau - https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t14746-plateau-plateau-plateau. It gave me several things to think about. As you can tell from my scores, I've recently gotten off the plateau I've been on for months. My issue wasn't equipment. My issues revolved around process and grip. During my training/practice sessions, I worked on one thing at a time and noted improvements or losses. Getting off that plateau took almost three months.

I did three big things to improve my grip.
  • support hand's index finger now wraps around the outside of the trigger guard - This lets my support hand's index finger supply a bit of additional back pressure to dampen the trembles in my strong hand. This works for me, it may not work for you...
  • strong hand's thumb/index finger webbing is now placed high and tight under the pistol's tang - This lets the recoil go straight back and I stay on target.
  • the trigger is centered beneath my index fingernail - dead center in the finger's last joint - This makes it far easier for me to get a clean/straight back trigger pull.
I start each session with a dry fire session. My Buckmark pistol allows me to dry fire without damage if I have the slide racked back with no magazine in the pistol. I don't stop this dry fire exercise until my sight picture is steadily on target through consecutive trigger pulls.

I played with my shot cadence until I found one that kept my scores consistent and higher.

As always, your mileage may vary...

Great post. I am learning a lot here. I admit, I have always felt pretty confident with a combat pistol shooting at life sized silhouette’s at self defense ranges.

But now that I have been shooting .22 50 ft one handed? I feel like a train wreck. Reading these posts of experiences and information, definitely helps to illuminate the path to betterment. :)

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I think this was a personal best for me on slow fire. 71. Timed was 90 1x and rapid was 84 1x.

I am doing my timed with both hands. I believe it has helped enhance my grip and bring my SF score up.

Here's our Week-3 Rollup!

Scott shot a personal best. Well Done! Great scores from the rest of us too.

Handicap calculations are settling down. Standard deviations are showing consistency across the board.

Score Roll Up for 9-18-2022.jpg

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Here's our Week-3 Rollup!

Scott shot a personal best. Well Done! Great scores from the rest of us too.

Handicap calculations are settling down. Standard deviations are showing consistency across the board.

View attachment 1524639

I got the top screws in my Browning taken out last Friday. Cost me $85. Having a bit of trouble finding the replacements, but hopefully once I do I can play catch-up?

I got the top screws in my Browning taken out last Friday. Cost me $85. Having a bit of trouble finding the replacements, but hopefully once I do I can play catch-up?
I've had great luck with Browning's support crew. [email protected] / 1 (800) 333-3288

They researched my pistol's background. It was a limited Shot Show edition back in 2009. They also helped me figure out some mechanical issues the manual didn't cover to my satisfaction. All was done like they had nothing better to do but help me with my questions. They also explained that Browning's guarantee was pretty much open-ended. I asked what that meant. Their answer boiled down to "if you follow the manual and have a problem... we'll probably take care of it..." If you didn't and created a problem we'll help you get the firearm back into working order. I asked what that meant and was told they have lots of parts and tons of freely given, expert advice.

Contact them. Tell them what happened and what you need. You might get a nice surprise.

Browning CS open hours are 8am to 3pm mon-fri. I called today and the Rep looked up the screws and took my visa over the phone. It was like $18 and some change. She said I should have them in 3 or 4 days. That probably means Saturday delivery so I will need to make up about 5 weeks?
Glad to hear they had the parts to send you. I'll put your scores into the sheet as you provide them.

Good morning all,

week 3 & 4, one hand, 25-yards at B16&B8 targets, lacking focus on sustained fire. 🙄

Slow - 90 3x
Timed - 85 0x
Rapid - 67 0x

Total - 242 3x

Slow - 88 3x
Timed - 83 0x
Rapid - 80 2x

Total - 251 5x

Tom

Here are the scores.

John, I have a 251.002 score for week three. Did I grab that score in error? If so, I'll replace it with the 264.002.

Score Roll Up for 9-25-2022.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@Bob L. , once again I'm totally confused as to what week we are in. The score that I shot today, 264.006, was for last week, week 4, not 3. I have yet to shoot for this week.

Top Bottom