What's new

Our 2nd, 10-Week B&B Bullseye Session Starts on May 30, 2022

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@OkieStubble, I shoot a lot more slow fire targets than I do timed/rapid. I probably should practice timed and rapid fire targets more than I do, but with ammo and time constraints, I don't. Anyways, my point is, order more slow fire targets than timed/rapid. I will typically shoot on average four slow fire targets, three to warm up on and one for score, then I'll shoot my timed and rapid targets for score without any practice. If all my targets suck, I may shoot more slow fire to see if I can get one worthy of scoring, but by this time my shoulder is complaining or fatigue sets in and more shooting in the session is usually futile. I may shoot as many as 100 rounds with most of it slow fire. Depending on what ammo I have on hand, I may shoot my first few "warm up" targets with bulk ammo and switch to "the good stuff" for score on slow fire. I'm not sure if it is worthwhile to use the "good stuff" on timed and rapid or not.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
@OkieStubble, I shoot a lot more slow fire targets than I do timed/rapid. I probably should practice timed and rapid fire targets more than I do, but with ammo and time constraints, I don't. Anyways, my point is, order more slow fire targets than timed/rapid. I will typically shoot on average four slow fire targets, three to warm up on and one for score, then I'll shoot my timed and rapid targets for score without any practice. If all my targets suck, I may shoot more slow fire to see if I can get one worthy of scoring, but by this time my shoulder is complaining or fatigue sets in and more shooting in the session is usually futile. I may shoot as many as 100 rounds with most of it slow fire. Depending on what ammo I have on hand, I may shoot my first few "warm up" targets with bulk ammo and switch to "the good stuff" for score on slow fire. I'm not sure if it is worthwhile to use the "good stuff" on timed and rapid or not.

Good advice, thanks. :)

Questions:

1. The 50 ft targets are official size, but I can't print those off on just computer paper? How do I print them off to official size?

2. If I wanted smaller targets for closer distance, how and on what do I print those off?

3. If I just opted to purchase some online, I know to look for NRA B-2 and B-3 official sized targets, do they also sell the smaller versions?
The fifty-foot targets I supplied will print on 8.5/11 paper. Make sure you are printing at 100%. Some printers might cut off a bit of the edge of the outer circle on one of the targets because the drum doesn't go to the edge of the paper.

If my fuzzy brain is reading the thread right... Scott is the only score poster for this week. If, you posted a score this week and I'm missing it... Please post again. If you haven't posted, that's cool. I'll add it to the sheet when you do.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Happy Independence Day! I spent most of the morning exercising my 2nd Amendment rights, trying to shoot a decent score for last week. Interrupted by rain a few times. Finally got 'er done with an acceptable score. I used a variety of ammo. CCI SV, RWS Subsonic HP, SK Pistol Match.

266-3X
Slow fire 84
Timed fire 87-1X
Rapid fire 95-2X

I'm still in quarantine so I've got some shooting to do. Nice shooting gentlemen.

Score Roll Up for 7-3-2022.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Happy Independence Day! I spent most of the morning exercising my 2nd Amendment rights, trying to shoot a decent score for last week. Interrupted by rain a few times. Finally got 'er done with an acceptable score. I used a variety of ammo. CCI SV, RWS Subsonic HP, SK Pistol Match.

266-3X
Slow fire 84
Timed fire 87-1X
Rapid fire 95-2X

What ammo shoots the best for you? You’re rapid fire is gonna be hard to beat. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm so inconsistent that it's hard to tell, sometimes I shoot well, sometimes I can't keep them all on paper! But I believe the RWS and SK are very close and somewhat better than the CCI SV. But the SK is very pricey and only available in limited quantities, Midway rations it at 3 boxes every two weeks! I bought 2 bricks of the RWS some time ago, I don't know what its current availability is now. CCI availability is hit and miss, Midway limits it and Academy limits the purchase of 100 round boxes to one at a time. I've shot a box or two of CCI Pistol Match, not enough to do a good comparison, but it also seems to shoot well, very hard to come by and pricey when you do. I had mentioned previously that I didn't think it was worth shooting premium ammo on timed and rapid, but I may have been wrong as the above scores were shot with "the good stuff".

I spent my week at 4-H camp with a special forces vet. He handled the rifle and pistol ranges while I handled the archery range. He suggested trying a grip I'd never used. The grip has my left index finger gently pushing back on the front of the trigger guard. It worked very well for me and really dampened my right-hand tremor. I'll use it Thursday night and see if it still works well for me.

This afternoon's two sets of targets were keepers. There were a few flyers in the outer rings on most of the targets. But, most of the hits were in the black and clustered around the center.

257 - 2X and 255 - 2X

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I spent my week at 4-H camp with a special forces vet. He handled the rifle and pistol ranges while I handled the archery range. He suggested trying a grip I'd never used. The grip has my left index finger gently pushing back on the front of the trigger guard. It worked very well for me and really dampened my right-hand tremor. I'll use it Thursday night and see if it still works well for me.

This afternoon's two sets of targets were keepers. There were a few flyers in the outer rings on most of the targets. But, most of the hits were in the black and clustered around the center.

257 - 2X and 255 - 2X
When I shifted my left hand from index under trigger guard to around the front of the trigger guard (Glock 43X) mine improved nicely, too. Takes a bit of getting used to.

As to archery- I will be taking a lesson next week. They have equipment, so I can narrow down my draw weight.

When I shifted my left hand from index under trigger guard to around the front of the trigger guard (Glock 43X) mine improved nicely, too. Takes a bit of getting used to.

As to archery- I will be taking a lesson next week. They have equipment, so I can narrow down my draw weight.
On draw weight. Choose a weight that lers you draw 50 arrows in a single session. Start light and add poundage slowly... jmho, ymmv

Top Bottom