What's new

Our 2nd, 10-Week B&B Bullseye Session Starts on May 30, 2022

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Tandemkross also has the Victory trigger and other aftermarket stuff for the Buckmark, just saying.:a2:

If I swap out for a better trigger, does that mean I can’t use that badass gold bling of a trigger shoe Browning uses on the Buckmark?

It’s like a big gold Mercedes emblem on the front hood of a all black Mercedes sedan. Or gold rims, whichever I don’t care, me likey! :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I shot this morning for last week's score. Full disclaimer, I had a couple of alibis, one required partial breakdown of my Mk III because the hammer pin "walked" and disabled the gun. This happened during rapid fire. During slow fire, I had a CCI SV round not go off and a stove pipe, prolly might need to clean my gun!
255-2X Hello plateau!
Slow 85
Timed 90-0X
Rapid 80-2X

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
320C4BB1-AEF7-4A7A-BCF1-DEEB933143BB.jpeg

I shot a personal best slow fire this AM, but the timed and rapid were not very impressive, so it probably won't go towards this week's score, unless I can't do any better later this week. Oh, and it actually scored an 87, not 88.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Thanks. I was shooting my Mk II at the range, whereas I'm usually shooting my MK III at the house with the suppressor. The guns have different grip angles, different grips and different triggers. Consequently, I have to go through a slight transition period to get used to the different gun when I switch, usually have to shoot a target or two before I'm dialed in to the different properties of each gun.

OkieStubble

Thanks. I was shooting my Mk II at the range, whereas I'm usually shooting my MK III at the house with the suppressor. The guns have different grip angles, different grips and different triggers. Consequently, I have to go through a slight transition period to get used to the different gun when I switch, usually have to shoot a target or two before I'm dialed in to the different properties of each gun.

One of the reasons I chose the Buckmark. I didn’t want to get the MKIV, knowing I would start wondering, what the III and II would be like? :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I wish they made the 22/45 with a steel or alloy lower and a longer threaded barrel.

Of course, Tandemkross makes an aluminum lower for the Mk IV 22/45, but it is almost as much as a whole new gun.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Here are my last two weeks. After I got back from vacation the range closed do to a power outage. Hopefully back on track.

2 sets of scores
Slow 68
1 hand timed 80 1x
Rapid 42 only 6 on paper 😢

Last week
Slow 59
1 hand timed 82 2x
Rapid 77

I need to shoot everything 1 hand.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I find that shooting one handed forces you to pay more attention to the fundamentals. I think that as you build confidence and proficiency shooting one handed, shooting with both hands has diminishing returns, YMMV.

Good afternoon Gentlemen,

Finally got some range time and catching up with B&B 😁

one-hand, S&W41 w/DOT, 25-yards @ B16&B8 targets

Week 2
Slow - 90 1x
Timed - 88 1x
Rapid - 88 3x
Total - 266 4x

Week 3
Slow - 89 1x
Timed - 90 3x
Rapid - 87 1x
Total - 276 5x

Week 4
Slow - 85 0x
Timed - 93 4x
Rapid - 94 2x
Total - 272 6x

Tom

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well, the weather hasn't cooperated with my opportunities to shoot, so I'll just go with what I shot with the "personal best" target above, despite the other targets unimpressive scores for last week.
253-1X
Slow fire 87
Timed fire 88-0X
Rapid fire 78-1X

Here are the latest scores. I caught Covid at camp last week so I am quarantining. Sally says I'm a bit fuzzy-headed this morning so please check your weekly scores. Let me know if the posted numbers don't match your numbers.

Score Roll Up for 6-26-2022.jpg

@Bob L., I hope you feel better soon and don't have any serious or long-term sequelae! Take plenty of vitamin C, D, zinc, etc.
I've had all four vaccines. So far I'm just out of energy, have an intermittent cough, and a runny nose. I'm also bored. The good news is I can taste! All in all, life is good.

OkieStubble

Questions:

1. The 50 ft targets are official size, but I can't print those off on just computer paper? How do I print them off to official size?

2. If I wanted smaller targets for closer distance, how and on what do I print those off?

3. If I just opted to purchase some online, I know to look for NRA B-2 and B-3 official sized targets, do they also sell the smaller versions?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@OkieStubble, here are some NRA 25 ft targets, not sure if they are 100% equivalent to the official 50 ft and 25 yd targets, but they look like it. I just buy my targets because My printer sux, shooting on normal copy paper sux, getting heavier paper stock is no easier than ordering real targets, I'm lazy and anything other than real targets sux, YMMV. The link is for timed/rapid fire but there is a slow fire version as well.

OkieStubble

@OkieStubble, here are some NRA 25 ft targets, not sure if they are 100% equivalent to the official 50 ft and 25 yd targets, but they look like it. I just buy my targets because My printer sux, shooting on normal copy paper sux, getting heavier paper stock is no easier than ordering real targets, I'm lazy and anything other than real targets sux, YMMV. The link is for timed/rapid fire but there is a slow fire version as well.

Thanks for this John. Took the Buckmark totally apart via YouTube and gave it it’s first good bath. :) Now just waiting on the rail to show up.

98D2C915-AC94-401A-9859-006495F50DD8.jpeg

Top Bottom