What's new

Our 2nd, 10-Week B&B Bullseye Session Starts on May 30, 2022

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I don't know if it was cleaning my suppressor or watching a bunch of Brian Zins videos that allowed me to shoot the above target. Zins's take on the bladed stance for bullseye shooting is less dogmatic about having everything in an absolute straight line but more natural point of aim oriented. I learned a bit about his grip and trigger manipulation techniques. I tried a less bladed stance than what I have been doing, but a little more bladed than Weaver, and shot my first practice target. All the shots were in the scoring rings but not a particularly good target. I went back to a more bladed stance but very slightly less than what I had been doing. The next target I shot was intended to be a practice target but was actually the above personal best! I usually shoot at least three practice targets before shooting for score. So of course, I shot my Timed and Rapid targets right away for score.
One of the things I learned from Brian's videos is that while with iron sights you always have a hard focus on the front sight, with a red dot it is acceptable to focus on either the dot or the target. Since I have an astigmatism, my red dot looks pretty gnarly most of the time. Sometimes a cluster of grapes, sometimes a ragged diagonal slash with a bump in the middle, sometimes close to normal. I had noticed that shooting with both eyes open seems to help with the asymmetry of the dot and also focusing on the bullseye rather than the dot. That's what I did shooting the above target. I think I may have latched on to something! I will continue to experiment with my stance a bit as well as trigger manipulation and grip.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@Bob L. , I think I may have scored my personal best target wrong. It's either a 90 or 91, depending on how you score the lowest bullet hole at the 7/8 ring. Would you give your opinion on it? So obviously my total score for this week is either a 262 -1X or 263-1X.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Just for giggles and ****s I shot my whole string 1 handed. Don’t post this as I will shoot this weeks score on Saturday. It was better than I thought it would be. Getting pretty tired by rapid fire.

1659283351490.jpeg
88EAE1C2-764F-4F1F-BD52-D48213C0E3FD.jpeg

5303A789-A1D5-4599-B77C-594382BB4940.jpeg

@Bob L. , I think I may have scored my personal best target wrong. It's either a 90 or 91, depending on how you score the lowest bullet hole at the 7/8 ring. Would you give your opinion on it? So obviously my total score for this week is either a 262 -1X or 263-1X.
The hole seems to be close to the line but not touching. It does look like a bit of white paper is at the line. If that isn't pushed up white paper it is an 8-pointer. If I was scoring someone else's target I'd make it as an 8-pointer if I couldn't decide.

We are recording Week-8 scores today. I think I've matched the scores with the right names. If not, I blame my dyslexia. Tell me where I goofed and I'll fix it. Rob's come in with some fine scores. I'm moving backward. John shot some great targets. Scott's scores are still moving steadily upward. Well done to one and all. (Rob's handicap is not accurate yet.)

Score Roll Up for 7-31-2022.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Rob's come in with some fine scores.

I dunno, I see a bunch of really good raw sores up there by others that beat my two scores. :) I think just having two scores up makes my average look good. I will be shooting one handed next week, so I hope I pleasantly surprise myself. :)

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I had a good shoot this morning with a personal best Slow fire, all shots squarely in the black. I think I had a target in the first league where all were in the black, but one shot just barely cut the outside of the seven ring. I dropped points on my rapid fire, so no personal best score.

261-1X
Slow fire 89 (possibly an 88?) Either way a personal best.
Timed fire 90-1X
Rapid fire 82-0XView attachment 1497095
That was some good shooting.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

One handed humbled me this evening.

Slow: 10-1, 8-2, 6-3, 5-3, 4-1, score: 63
Timed: X-1,10-1, 9-5, 8-1, 6-2, score: 85 x1
Rapid: 9-2, 8-1, 7-3, 6-2, Had two shots out of the rings on paper but the Bullseye Match App said misses are a point each? Is this correct? if so, score: 59

Total: 207 x1

Does the app save your scoring? I typed in my scores at the range on the app, but when I got home, the pages were blank and the scores deleted? Is there a way to save the scores? I'm glad I took pics of my target's or my session would have been scrubbed.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
If you tally up a miss in the scoring app, there will appear a number in the column between the green "up" arrow and the orange "down" arrow but at the very top of the scoring page no score will accumulate for the misses. So, the app should show: Rapid B3 59/0X 99877766MM

Don't be discouraged, I've had to shoot many a craptastic target in practice before I got one which I thought worthy of scoring and posting the results of. Look at this as a training exercise to track improvement in a difficult set of tasks rather than a competition of what you can do cold on demand.

One handed humbled me this evening.

Slow: 10-1, 8-2, 6-3, 5-3, 4-1, score: 63
Timed: X-1,10-1, 9-5, 8-1, 6-2, score: 85 x1
Rapid: 9-2, 8-1, 7-3, 6-2, Had two shots out of the rings on paper but the Bullseye Match App said misses are a point each? Is this correct? if so, score: 59

Total: 207 x1

Does the app save your scoring? I typed in my scores at the range on the app, but when I got home, the pages were blank and the scores deleted? Is there a way to save the scores? I'm glad I took pics of my target's or my session would have been scrubbed.
Misses are marked as "M" on the tally line above the green boxes. Sorry, no points for misses. The numbers or Ms in the vertical line between the green boxes and the orange boxes is the number of shots made in that particular target ring.

Your total score is at the top of the display. "Total: ##/#X.

To email the scores to yourself...
  1. touch the camera icon at the top of the display
  2. on the "record match display" touch "email scores"
  3. on the "complete action display" touch Email Composer" (or gmail, drive, etc...)
  4. you are now in your mail app, or drive app, etc...
You're doing great! Don't get frustrated! If this was easy all of us would be well above 280. By definition, pistols are unstable platforms with too short barrels.

OkieStubble

Misses are marked as "M" on the tally line above the green boxes. Sorry, no points for misses. The numbers or Ms in the vertical line between the green boxes and the orange boxes is the number of shots made in that particular target ring.

Your total score is at the top of the display. "Total: ##/#X.

To email the scores to yourself...
  1. touch the camera icon at the top of the display
  2. on the "record match display" touch "email scores"
  3. on the "complete action display" touch Email Composer" (or gmail, drive, etc...)
  4. you are now in your mail app, or drive app, etc...
You're doing great! Don't get frustrated! If this was easy all of us would be well above 280. By definition, pistols are unstable platforms with too short barrels.

Ok, thanks. So my adjusted total then is 205 x1. :)

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I was happy with my timed, so so on the rest. Posting targets to have my scoring reviewed.

64150E22-1845-443B-993E-3FC461D01230.jpeg

65E8716C-E8F7-4C60-9BE9-1C884CDBEE6F.jpeg

71-1x one outside ring.
43C83B9D-3F8B-4A6B-8E93-7A9E26074573.jpeg

OkieStubble

If you tally up a miss in the scoring app, there will appear a number in the column between the green "up" arrow and the orange "down" arrow but at the very top of the scoring page no score will accumulate for the misses. So, the app should show: Rapid B3 59/0X 99877766MM

Don't be discouraged, I've had to shoot many a craptastic target in practice before I got one which I thought worthy of scoring and posting the results of. Look at this as a training exercise to track improvement in a difficult set of tasks rather than a competition of what you can do cold on demand.

Ok, so tell me if I’m doing this wrong. Instead of like practicing and picking my best score from multiple targets, I instead, have been throwing those practice targets away, no matter their scores and then shoot the official session I intend to show for score?

I’ve thrown away some decent looking scores because they were practice?

Top Bottom