What's new

(Oud) Agarwood Oil

Hi B&B people:

Do you fish in oud-infested waters...er, oils?

These high quality resinous, fragrant oud/oudh oils have been a staple since ancient times in the Middle and Far East, and may be jarring to Western sensibilities.

They are the pure, wild oud oils distilled from agarwood trees found only in far-flung (to me) dense forests in Cambodia, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Borneo and Papau New Guinea, among others. Each region imparts different accords and profiles, based on the species.

Aficionados are grateful to the Indiana Jones-like vendors who hike into the jungles to fetch this precious commodity, or who conjure up a potent alchemy.

Folks like:

Agar Aura: http://agaraura.com/

Ensar: https://ensaroud.com/

Al Shareef: http://alshareefoudh.com/

Feel-Oud: http://feel-oud.com/

(apologies in advance, as this list is incomplete. feel free to add names)

BEWARE: It's an addictive and expensive pursuit!
But, you're good to go with only a dot on each wrist from 3 ml bottles.

Last edited:
Amir, I love the Oud colognes, how do i go about buying an oil and using it for a perfume ? How do you choose one ?

Oh man, I love oud oils, but the women in my family (wife and 2 daughters) rue the day that I wear them, lol. Oddly, the men in my family love them. Agar Aura has been great to deal with

Attars or oil based perfumes as they are called in the Middle East and South Asia are pretty exotic and highly concentrated perfurmes unlike colognes which are diluted by Alcohol.

Players like Al-Rehab, Rasasi and many leading perfumers make excellent Attars from oudh and musk with the Middle East, Asia exotic scents which are much different from Western scents and much stronger too.

You'll find notes of Oudh, Saffron, Citrus, wood, musk and hints floral scents in many of the oils they sell besides pure oudh scents.

They are a rage in middle east and India (south asia) who love these exotic oriental scents. I know in my home atleast that incense sticks laced with saffron or oudh or sandalwood oils or a mixture always permeate the air.

As I type this, a wonderful woody musk scent of Al Rehab "Sultan" oil which I rolled on almost 6 hours ago on my wrists (just a hint) is still giving off its scent.

Last edited:
Amir, I love the Oud colognes, how do i go about buying an oil and using it for a perfume ? How do you choose one ?

Well, there are several options, including checking out descriptions from vendors and reviews from customers on the individual websites, and dabbling with samples, that contain small amounts of oils. Each vial will give you several wearings. They vary from (and this is a generalization) sweeter Cambodians, resinous Malay, fruitier Thai or Borneo to more 'barnyard' Hindis. Most have sillage and projection that morphs into a deep, woody, soapy, boozy haze.

The full bottles (3ml) are pricey. You could shell out $100+/- per millimeter, but you only need a small swipe or dab per application.

FYI: These are small producers, not big Middle Eastern perfume houses (ie: Abdul Samad Al Qurashi, Arabian Oud), and their runs are small batches that are sold out fairly quickly.

Well, there are several options, including checking out descriptions from vendors and reviews from customers on the individual websites, and dabbling with samples, that contain small amounts of oils. Each vial will give you several wearings. They vary from (and this is a generalization) sweeter Cambodians, resinous Malay, fruitier Thai or Borneo to more 'barnyard' Hindis. Most have sillage and projection that morphs into a deep, woody, soapy, boozy haze.

The full bottles (3ml) are pricey. You could shell out $100+/- per millimeter, but you only need a small swipe or dab per application.

FYI: These are small producers, not big Middle Eastern perfume houses (ie: Abdul Samad Al Qurashi, Arabian Oud), and their runs are small batches that are sold out fairly quickly.

Amir, THANK YOU I have just ordered from Abdul , the Al Molouk Blend, now how do I use it when it comes in ? do I just dab at my neck ?

Amir, THANK YOU I have just ordered from Abdul , the Al Molouk Blend, now how do I use it when it comes in ? do I just dab at my neck ?

Ahh. You are acquiring a sophisticated mukhallat, which is Arabic for "mix."

Al Molouk by ASQ (Abdul Samad Al Qurashi) includes high-end basic ingredients, like oud and Ta'if rose.

Traditional mukhallats that prevail in the Middle East include various combinations of oud, rose, musk and amber. In most cases, you sense top, middle and base notes, as the profile shifts accords.

It should come with a stick-like applicator, and I just put a dot on each wrist pulse-point, and then touch (but don't rub in) my neck, below the jawline. Others may have additional ideas (like where to put it on your body, hair, beard or clothes) Less is more, when wearing these.

Ahh. You are acquiring a sophisticated mukhallat, which is Arabic for "mix."

Al Molouk by ASQ (Abdul Samad Al Qurashi) includes high-end basic ingredients, like oud and Ta'if rose.

Traditional mukhallats that prevail in the Middle East include various combinations of oud, rose, musk and amber. In most cases, you sense top, middle and base notes, as the profile shifts accords.

It should come with a stick-like applicator, and I just put a dot on each wrist pulse-point, and then touch (but don't rub in) my neck, below the jawline. Others may have additional ideas (like where to put it on your body, hair, beard or clothes) Less is more, when wearing these.

Wow , this is wonderful, I love that it is loud, I was also sent some Khalid and some Aziz ? These both smell amazing, somewhat softer and somewhat sweeter. I think I like those better. Could you tell me what is in the mixes to create the different smells ? Thank you so much, I love this juice. Should I hold the dapper down until a drop is formed and then place it on my wrists and behind my ear/neck ? Do I rub it in or allow it to dissipate? Do I shake the bottle or is it fine the way it is?

Love oud.

Recent acquisitions from Taha -

Jumanten - Wow!
Agar Parisien (for Wife)
Agar Attar - I was so incredibly floored by this attar I asked Taha if he had any more of this hiding around...unfortunately he didn't.

Fortunately he was able to recreate this magnificent scent so I snapped up 3 bottles to keep me swimming for a long time.

I have previously picked up from Ensar -

Thai Tabac
Ambra - snapped up a bottle before it was all sold out...and did it ever sell disconcertingly fast.
Pink Papua (for Wife)
Blue Kalbar (for Wife)

Great stuff as well!

Love oud.

Recent acquisitions from Taha -

Jumanten - Wow!
Agar Parisien (for Wife)
Agar Attar - I was so incredibly floored by this attar I asked Taha if he had any more of this hiding around...unfortunately he didn't.

Fortunately he was able to recreate this magnificent scent so I snapped up 3 bottles to keep me swimming for a long time.

I have previously picked up from Ensar -

Thai Tabac
Ambra - snapped up a bottle before it was all sold out...and did it ever sell disconcertingly fast.
Pink Papua (for Wife)
Blue Kalbar (for Wife)

Great stuff as well!

please post the links to the sites who sell your juice

no idea, i ordered them the other day and will have them i think on monday. I think you just put a drop on pulse points so i would imagine .15 lasts a little while, enough for you to decide if you want to order larger.

...i would imagine .15 lasts a little while, enough for you to decide if you want to order larger.

Agreed.

I may be off on my numbers, but I recall that a good rule of thumb is around 30 drops per one millimeter (ml). So, .15 ml should be enough for 3-5 wearings, if you apply with needle swipes - just tiny dabs - less than a drop.

Most of this stuff is dense and tenacious - so a little dab will do ya.

Last edited:
please post the links to the sites who sell your juice

Taha / Agar Aura - www.agaraura.com

I also just pulled the trigger on an advance release of his Oud KK, can't wait to try that one...Taha, but the way, is a seriously top notch fellow!

I also took advantage of the sale that Ensar / www.ensaroud.com has on right now and snapped up a bottle of Jungle Kinam.

Oh...as Amir so wisely stated above, "less is more" with these fantastic oils.

Today I'm wearing Agar Attar (Taha)...absolutely incredible...

Last edited:
Recent acquisitions -

Jungle Kinam - Ensar

Oud KK - Agar Aura (as yet to be released)

Along with the Oud KK, I received a small sample of Sasora Jinkoh; very generous of Taha!

To describe SJ -

A blast of wood in the initial opener, raw and pure; zero smoke.

This quickly calms down as noticeable, but not overpowering, camphor comes forth; intermingling with the initial raw wood notes.

Give it a bit and one will notice a steady build of sweetness, with muted tones of pepper...and still the camphor swirls in the background.

Great stuff indeed!

Top Bottom