What's new

Ouch! That's gonna be scratchy!

IMG_003.JPG

This is the heal end. I'm not going to name the brand, and I fully expected to have to work on this brand new $18 straight razor, but this was advertised as "shave ready, might need stropping", ground from 1000 - 10,000. If someone believed that and just tried shaving with it, it sure looks like they'd end up with scratches.

when you look at it in 3 dimensions on the microscope, the bevel on the heal end is "wonky"

This is going to be fun. I shall prepare my stones...

View attachment 1538125
This is the heal end. I'm not going to name the brand, and I fully expected to have to work on this brand new $18 straight razor, but this was advertised as "shave ready, might need stropping", ground from 1000 - 10,000. If someone believed that and just tried shaving with it, it sure looks like they'd end up with scratches.

when you look at it in 3 dimensions on the microscope, the bevel on the heal end is "wonky"

This is going to be fun. I shall prepare my stones...

I've seen Tig weld beads that were more shave ready. Good luck with that $18.00 shave ready "razor".

I'm not an expert at honing, but It was easy to fix this up and get it to shave ready state. Under the microscope I can see that the bevel still needs some work at the heel on this side of the blade, but I'll get it better the next time.

I shaved with it and it actually shaves a bit better than my other razor.

Top Bottom