What's new

Other Than Razors, What Have You Shaved With?

I have shaved with following :

> An I efficient razor which gave inconsistent shaves each time

> A shavette with one of the two pins missing (the pin which holds the half blade in place), I didn't knew it was broken and thought it worked like that.

> A good shavette (with both pins attached is a good shavette)

> A Victorinox Rescue Knife was one used to " line up " my moustache.
Yeah, never again.

> Many safety razor

Also OP, I hope you have Tetanus shots handy.

Tried once with an one Watt blue handheld laser.
Shave actually went good.
What did not go well was the combination of the handheld laser with the mirror.
A tiny reflected beam made a
nice black hole in my left eye iris .
Thankfully ,it was a minor damage ,as the light did not
went through the pupil into the retina ,
where it could have blinded me permanently.
I was young and restless back then.
Or rather stupid enough...

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I tried shaving with a large (4" blade) Case pocket knife once. At the time I was shaving with an old Henckels straight. I got the blade as sharp as I could, stropped it, and did one cheek passably before giving up. I still test knife sharpness on arm hairs now and then, but frankly my current, much smaller but still a Case, pocket knife lives an unadventurous life and rarely needs sharpening, and with water stones my kitchen knives stay screaming sharp and need no testing.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Never have gone beyond razors, but I did have a friend who used Magic, a depilatory shaving powder. He used to bet people he could shave with a plastic knife, then he'd get out the shaving powder. Made more than a few bucks that way.

First day as summer help at Kelloggs Cereal the foreman told me the sideburns had to go before working. I chopped them of with a box cutter knife and did not enjoy the experience.

Top Bottom