What's new

Oster 76 Hair Clippers

You guys might already know about these but I highly recommend them.

I have been cutting my own hair for 10+ years. I usually just shave it #1 every few weeks.i used to buy the cheap electric clippers $20-$30 and they would ALWAYS break on me after 6-12 months.

I found about the Oster 76 clippers around 2009 I think. I paid around $130 I think but they are still working flawlessly to this day. Nice metal combs with different sizes available for purchase. I oil the blades but have never put grease in the clipper, not really sure how. Never a problem with these clippers. Supposedly they are used to sheet sheep and also to cut hair in the army and are known to be dependable.

You guys might already know about these but I highly recommend them.

I have been cutting my own hair for 10+ years. I usually just shave it #1 every few weeks.i used to buy the cheap electric clippers $20-$30 and they would ALWAYS break on me after 6-12 months.

I found about the Oster 76 clippers around 2009 I think. I paid around $130 I think but they are still working flawlessly to this day. Nice metal combs with different sizes available for purchase. I oil the blades but have never put grease in the clipper, not really sure how. Never a problem with these clippers. Supposedly they are used to sheet sheep and also to cut hair in the army and are known to be dependable.
My barber has used one for years. I think all he did was replace the brushes which wear out from commercial use. I bought one myself at his urging. It’s really easy to buzz yourself. Impossible to make a mistake unless your put in the wrong blade.

I need to get me one of these. Been using a Wahl clipper and it feels like my hair is being rippped out of my head each time I use it. Pure agony.

:c9:

I need to get me one of these. Been using a Wahl clipper and it feels like my hair is being rippped out of my head each time I use it. Pure agony

It’s commercial quality so with your usage it will never wear out. I got my blades on Amazon. I use a 1 and 1.5
Get a brush to clean the hair from the blade and inside the blade housing.

For some reason I thought you have to sharpen the blades every once in a while. Any experience with them dulling?

Currently using Andis clippers ... I think UltraEdge 2 Speed or something like that. Not bad either, but I wouldn’t mind trying something new. Need them in 220v, though.

I need to get me one of these. Been using a Wahl clipper and it feels like my hair is being rippped out of my head each time I use it. Pure agony.

My first two sets were $30 Wahl clippers and they were fine, just really loud and the housing ran hot. Are you oiling the blades before and after each use?

For some reason I thought you have to sharpen the blades every once in a while. Any experience with them dulling?

Currently using Andis clippers ... I think UltraEdge 2 Speed or something like that. Not bad either, but I wouldn’t mind trying something new. Need them in 220v, though.
I don't do anything other than put some oil on the blades now and then. The thing is a tank. I'd highly recommend it.

My first two sets were $30 Wahl clippers and they were fine, just really loud and the housing ran hot. Are you oiling the blades before and after each use?
Barbers use these clippers daily all day. If you use as an individual several times per week at the most I don’t think blade sharpening will be an issue for you. Or you could just buy a new blade of that number.

I purchased the Oster Fast feed clippers after years of cheap Wahls that always broke.
its also a tank and I’ll probably have them till I die.

I bought my OSTER Classic 76 in the 1970's , it's had 2 new on/off switches replaced, 3 cords and 3 brushes replaced, and is still running like new.... This is the beauty of the world's best clippers, they are easy to repair. I bought it for shaving my head, and a 000000 or a trimmer blade will get it very very close to a razor shave on the scalp...Still American made , all parts easily obtainable , easy youtube maintenance videos.... I also have the 220 volt version , the OSTER Classic Model 97 ,which is almost a twin, but heavier duty, and has an external oiling port to keep up with the heat from the 220 volt universal motor...
os2.jpg
os3.jpg

You are doing something wrong. First of all you must take longer hair down with a larger blade first , then you use another smaller blade to get as close as you want, just like mowing a lawn. You need to brush the hair out after the shave, then lube the blade while clipper is running. Eventually you will need to get the blade sharpened, which is usually less than $10. Many online vendors do pro sharpening , and they use a large " lapping disc " sharpeners, that's the best for clipper blades...

I bought my OSTER Classic 76 in the 1970's , it's had 2 new on/off switches replaced, 3 cords and 3 brushes replaced, and is still running like new.... This is the beauty of the world's best clippers, they are easy to repair. I bought it for shaving my head, and a 000000 or a trimmer blade will get it very very close to a razor shave on the scalp...Still American made , all parts easily obtainable , easy youtube maintenance videos.... I also have the 220 volt version , the OSTER Classic Model 97 ,which is almost a twin, but heavier duty, and has an external oiling port to keep up with the heat from the 220 volt universal motor...View attachment 1057189View attachment 1057190
Awesome!

Top Bottom