What's new

Oster 76 Blade Guides. I Need Help With This.

At my work we use wahl and oster clipper brands. I have a wahl but want to try the oster. My oster 76 came with the 000 blade. If someone comes in and wants a #2, what guard would I put on my 000 blade? Or if they want a #4 guard to make it a 1/2 inch long which guard would I put on my 000? I just heard the length is different between the wahl and Oster

Never mind. They do sell guards for the 76. I saw some on Amazon. You would need the instructions with the guard kit I bet...

I am looking for advice on the guard size to use on #000 to get #2 and which guard size to put on the same #000 to get #4.

i bought an Oster 76 just before the pandemic and get my wife to cut my hair at home. I didn't buy the guard combs i bought individual blades equivalent to a Number 1, 2, and 3 guards.
Since i am the only one that uses this clipper it will last long enough to pass onto my grandkids. (i dont have any yet).

If you're a professional barber i would highly recommend getting the actual metal blades. They will last longer and give more precise cuts.

i bought an Oster 76 just before the pandemic and get my wife to cut my hair at home. I didn't buy the guard combs i bought individual blades equivalent to a Number 1, 2, and 3 guards.
Since i am the only one that uses this clipper it will last long enough to pass onto my grandkids. (i dont have any yet).

If you're a professional barber i would highly recommend getting the actual metal blades. They will last longer and give more precise cuts.
Thank you! That was what I did, sadly.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
How are you folks enjoying your Oster 76? Do you guys find the interchangeable blade system to be uniquely good, or perhaps inconvenient? What is your opinions on power vs weight? And lastly, do you feel the are priced well?

Top Bottom