What's new

Osma Bloc

Well, I used one for the first time today ( usually I use generic WH after the cold rinse and before RR Wax).

It was hands down the worst experience I have ever had in the history of shaving. Burned/tingled like hell (worse than any alcohol AS i have used.). Also turned my face red. It also burned everywhere, even tops of my cheeks where I don't even shave. This pleasantry lasted a solid hour.

So, this can't be normal, right? I haven't ever been allergic to anything before, but this definitely felt like a bad reaction of some sort.

Last edited:
It sounds like you left it on your skin, and did not rinse? When I use alum, I wait a minute or so and then rinse. Some folks seem to get away without rinsing it off, but I cannot.

It sounds like you left it on your skin, and did not rinse? When I use alum, I wait a minute or so and then rinse. Some folks seem to get away without rinsing it off, but I cannot.

You might be right. I just wet my face to apply the Wax, but I definitely wouldn't call it a full rinse. I'm going to try a more full rinse tomorrow.

The initial applicaton of rubbing the bloc on my face felt pretty good.

Well, I rinsed it off today after about 30 seconds. Problem solved. No burn or intense tingle like yesterday.

I read where a lot of other guys leave it on. Apparently thats not for me.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Well, I rinsed it off today after about 30 seconds. Problem solved. No burn or intense tingle like yesterday.

I read where a lot of other guys leave it on. Apparently thats not for me.

The bloc is great to let you know where you "overdid it".

Wet bloc.
Apply to face.
Wait a few seconds to a minute or two.
Rinse off.
Et voila- works like a charm.

I let it fully dry before rinsing, but my routine works well with that.

Shave, rinse, alum, clean, dry, and strop the blade, rinse alum, aftershave.

Top Bottom