What's new

Osma Alum Block

I don't have the Osma but i do have a Gentleman Jon block that i like and use once in a while. I would use Alum more often but im concerned about health issues with taking aluminum in through the skin. Is that concern valid or am i worried about nothing.
I have used it as a deodorant for years, as traditional antiperspirants gave my skin severe irritation. Antiperspirants contain aluminum chloride, the harmful chemical.

The alum block is made of potassium alum, a salt mineral.

According to the National Library of Medicine,
Aluminum potassium sulfate - https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Aluminum-potassium-sulfate

"Potassium alum is considered by the FDA as a generally recognized as safe (GRAS) substance. It is an inorganic salt, also called potassium aluminum sulfate"

No one seems to have Osma at this point, well, at least Amazon doesn't. I still have 90% of a block and a stick of Crystal deodorant (exact same composition) and some off brand cube but I'm an Osma fanboy and want another block as a spare. I never fail to use it after a stage. It tells you all you need to know about how you did and, for me, anyway, I find it soothing.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Maggards has Osma, but if you need Amazon to ship you crap substitutes they have some

Top Bottom