What's new

Osage Rub

First use this morning and my initial impression is...... YES!!!! This stuff delivers a knock out punch of menthol, the scent isn't the most pleasing but it fades quickly. I can't wait for my Vostok to show up today.

I REALLY want to like this stuff, but there's just too much alcohol burn in it for me. The two times I've used it, I had to rinse it right off with water, which is the only product I've had to do that with.
Water is the first ingredient, so I don't believe the alcohol content is very high compared to other aftershaves. I'd venture to say the burning feeling is coming form the intense cooling of the menthol. Menthol is the third ingredient. There is a ton of it in there!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'm thinking that the Osage Orange is the coolest, maybe .. more freezing than the Proraso I have anyway. I've treied the Arctic Blast stuff, Acolado Glacial, etc.

Nice stash. I've not yet experienced the rub (is that like The Veg... The Rub? lol), but I have a bottle incoming from a trade. Looking forward to having it for when I'm camping in the summer (combining it with Vostok, since the word is that is one of the coldest menthol combinations you can get without adding your own crystals at this point).

Are you referring to Vostok shave soap or aftershave? You have me curious now lol.

I dug mine out for a warm spring day last weekend. Mixed it with a blob of 444 balm and hit my face with it. My eyes were still watering 15 minutes later. Glorious stuff! Great before going out on a bicycle or something faster!

Menthol with a touch of citrus in my opinion but I don't personally own it for the smell, I own it because I live in Sweat Swamp Alabama and there is nothing better than Osage Rub in the summer for turning your florid face into a frostbitten mug.

Ahh...I guess I didn't really understand its purpose originally. I was coming at it from the fragrance side. I get it now that its cooling aspects and use in hot environments have been explained. I might need to check some of this stuff out for the hot, steamy months we get here in St. Louis. Thanks!

Top of this thread perhaps? My order is already inbound

Was this a double-reverse autocorrect non-delete, or is there actually a product called Osage Orange? I'm not being snarky, as I've been "autoincorrected" many times, but if there's an orange-y version of Osage Rub then I just might need to order a dozen. However, I couldn't find any "Osage Orange" on the site linked in the OP.

Was this a double-reverse autocorrect non-delete, or is there actually a product called Osage Orange? I'm not being snarky, as I've been "autoincorrected" many times, but if there's an orange-y version of Osage Rub then I just might need to order a dozen. However, I couldn't find any "Osage Orange" on the site linked in the OP.

Yeah I was scratching my head too on that post. Never heard of an "orange" Osage but would be very interested in trying it.

No, there is no other product besides Osage Rub, it must have been a typo. Osage Orange is the name of a tree that bears in edible fruit called hedge apples.

proxy.php

My bottle arrived earlier this week, and it is really cooling! I think it smells better than Barbasol pacific rush and cools better. After it dries, there is really no smell.

Top Bottom