What's new

Osage rub: your experiences? And where to buy in the UK?

Yo, As per title what's your experience with the Osage rub?

Is it good? Is it actually aftershave? Body tonic? As icey cold as the fables claim..? Does it pair well with any products you use? What's it smell like exactly? Does it damage hair at all? Dry the skin?

And where in the UK can I buy a bottle?? Only place I found was out of stock and haven't gotten an email regarding new stock yet..

Cheers :)

Is it good? Is it actually aftershave? Body tonic? As icey cold as the fables claim..? Does it pair well with any products you use? What's it smell like exactly? Does it damage hair at all? Dry the skin?

And where in the UK can I buy a bottle?? Only place I found was out of stock and haven't gotten an email regarding new stock yet..

Cheers :)
It was originally intended as a hair tonic after a haircut, I believe. Really best in hot weather. I'd suggest cutting it 50/50 with witch hazel if you want it for aftershave.

Do you have Vicks Vap-o-Rub in the UK? Imagine Vicks mixed with alcohol. Kind of a medicinal scent with a huge hit of eucalyptus and menthol. Makes your skin tingle. When used as an aftershave, you get a mix of cooling and burning that lasts a few minutes.

Where to get it in the UK? No idea, but probably a place that sells supplies to barber shops. Sold alongside Clubman, Bay Rum, etc.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If you mix it 50/50 with Original Skin Bracer, the green one, You get the infamous Bootleggers Green Freeze. It's one of my go to's in hot weather. It really has a nice cooling affect after a few seconds.
Why does this sound better to me than either one on its own? Thank you my friend!

Yeah Vicks vapo rub is popular here and I love the smell, as does my wife! But stuff like skin bracer isn't available unless I use Amazon where it will take a month to get here from across the pond. I bought aqua velva musk and Williams mug soap from the same seller from Amazon and I was shocked that it actually arrived and without import duties and all those robbery charges we usually get lumped with.

It was originally intended as a hair tonic after a haircut, I believe. Really best in hot weather. I'd suggest cutting it 50/50 with witch hazel if you want it for aftershave.

Do you have Vicks Vap-o-Rub in the UK? Imagine Vicks mixed with alcohol. Kind of a medicinal scent with a huge hit of eucalyptus and menthol. Makes your skin tingle. When used as an aftershave, you get a mix of cooling and burning that lasts a few minutes.

Where to get it in the UK? No idea, but probably a place that sells supplies to barber shops. Sold alongside Clubman, Bay Rum, etc.
Nailed it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Oh it’s fabulous. I added a few drops of glycerin to increase (or add) face feel.

I had an old time barber years ago use some liquid to give me a scalp massage. It was probably something like OR. I wouldn’t use it on my hair or body. Possibly as a gasoline additive though. Lol.

Sadly I don’t know where you can get this in the case uk. I hope you get some.

I have no experience of Osage Rub... but you might like Snake Bite:

Fine-Snake-Bite.jpg

Snake Bite's available at quite a few places in the UK. After a quick search the best price I found was at the dreaded Amazon HERE.

I have no experience of Osage Rub... but you might like Snake Bite:

View attachment 1214769

Snake Bite's available at quite a few places in the UK. After a quick search the best price I found was at the dreaded Amazon HERE.
That stuffs really ferocious I love it. Crazy burn then it plummets down to sub zero and literally has you standing there shivering not sure if you’re freezing or on fire.

• Haha
Reactions: Cal
The only tonic with so much menthol it makes my eyes water. Like Listerine for the face. Intense sensation for a few minutes there with the freeze. But it's effective as an aftershave and if you get razor burn, oh yes, this will heal it.

I love Clubman's Osage Rub. Excellent aftershave for my head if I add a few drops of glycerin to the bottle. But once that glycerin is added, it can't be beat.

Sadly I'm out, and nobody has it in stock.

I love Clubman's Osage Rub. Excellent aftershave for my head if I add a few drops of glycerin to the bottle. But once that glycerin is added, it can't be beat.

Sadly I'm out, and nobody has it in stock.

I have a bottle now. Shaving station is a decent UK based retailer that has it in stock for less than £12. I've used a few times now and it's good. To be a true aftershave I think it needs glycerin but so far I've chucked on waist line up post shower and shave, love that icey burn!

1) Apply Osage Rub after a shave
2) Howl through teary eyes
3) Try to get over your stingy, cold face
4) Cry with joy and repeat again the next day

:-D

Top Bottom