What's new

osage Rub - Woof! Man, that's MENTHOL

I was able to whine loudly enough that someone here agreed to sell me a small sample of it and I tried it this morning. This is definitely NOT an aftershave for mid October in northern Ohio! I couldn't smell anything but menthol once applied, and it was a solid freeze. I don't think there is anything to recommend it beyond that though. On a hot day it would be better I think.

On a hot day I'm reaching for the Osage. Last thing I want in the cold though. Revisit it when it gets warm again.

I was able to whine loudly enough that someone here agreed to sell me a small sample of it and I tried it this morning. This is definitely NOT an aftershave for mid October in northern Ohio! I couldn't smell anything but menthol once applied, and it was a solid freeze. I don't think there is anything to recommend it beyond that though. On a hot day it would be better I think.

Aren't you glad you tried it first. :biggrin:

I remember the first time I used Osage Rub after a shave... I was scared for a minute as my face kept feeling colder and colder :redface:

Good stuff! :smile:

I was given a sample of this. I didn't want to try it at night fearing that I might never get to sleep. So I woke up this morning and shaved and finished off with this Osage... I first thought wow, this is refreshing. A couple seconds later I felt like I had placed my head in the fridge. Light crisp feeling. Then I decided to leave the house and go to work. That is when I had found that the heavens decided to great me at the door step by shooting a cool balmy breeze to my face. The breeze plus the osage nearly froze me in my steps and I had to gather myself before I could make it to the car. It was nice.

If there's anything colder than Osage Rub.... I don't want to know about it. :lol: I don't know how much more numbness my face could handle.

Comrade, where could I get some Osage?

The first place I'd try is your local barber/beauty supply shop. That's where I scored my bottle, along with lots of other fun stuff. If you check your local yellow pages or search online, I'd bet that Houston has PLENTY of 'em. One caveat: Sally's Beauty Supply, although it carries Clubman and Masters Bay Rum, doesn't stock OR. With Houston's large Hispanic population, I'm sure you'll find not only OR, but lots of other cheap and funky options that can be really fun to explore. Good luck and Dosvidanya (did I spell that right?!)

Thats manly man stuff right thur! :lol: I just ordered a bottle along with some other presents for myself. Hope to try it soon!

Top Bottom