What's new

Original Double Ring Cases?

So I have been fortunate enough to get a hold of two double rings in my Gillette collection, both date back to 1905 based upon their serial numbers. But my burning question is what cases can I legitimately display them in? Also what blade cases were originally issued? I have a 1906 Single Ring case but I have seen pics that show Double Ring razors in the same box. I'm hoping that these are historically correct. I know Double Rings were phased out in mid 1906 and replaced by the close cousin with one less ring.

I know from AsylumGuido's post, Achim's reference site, and Ray's Razor of the Week series, the Chicago ribbon display cases were used in 1904 and 1905. These are shown below. Notice how the blade cases differ, too.

But I have also seen Double Rings displayed in a case with the Times Square logo. Examples of these are shown below. Again the blade cases are different in each.

Finally this is my case. It came with a 1906 Single Ring, but I am guessing that it was also used for 1906 and perhaps late 1905 Double Rings. Sadly, I'm missing one blade case and the remaining one is pretty beat up.

Chris,
The Times Sq. case is correct as well. That's what my DR came in. It had cases that say Gillette. Take a look at current ebay auctions. I believe one has the DR blade cases but not with a DR case.

Len

Top Bottom