What's new

Original Dior Eau Savauge

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Ok, I'm just going to assume that a lot of you guys have used this. How long does this last? I just the aftershave balm in the mail and upon first use I enjoyed the citrus opening. So I was wondering about the EDT/EDP.

The EDT lasts about 4 to 5 hours on me. My only complaint about this fragrance is the longevity. You mentioned an EDP version. I don't think there is such a thing, but I could be wrong. There have been a couple of parfum versions released in the past ten years, which are great, but are completely different then the EDT. Both of those last all day on me.

I have used the current and the vintage versions of the EdT and they both are fleeting on my skin. (@jdp93 you are lucky!) The Parfum, however, in both the 2012 version and the current 2017 version are a whole different story. The 2012 version is practically beast mode, and is only suitable (for me) in the cooler weather. Summer time? No way (for me). It easily lasts 12+ hours. For me, it's a 2 spray max. The 2017 version is better suited for the warm weather (for me) vice the cold. I had used it this past winter with disappointment due to poor longevity and was going to unload it, but I was encouraged to wait for summer to re-evaluate (thanks @AlphaFrank75); glad I did. It needs the heat to generate the dynamite scent and it now lasts 10+ hours, so it's a keeper for sure.

I have the vintage version of the EDT, and it is quite strong if you overdo it. 2-3 sprays are more than sufficient and I can still smell it the next morning if I wear it in the evening. Any more than that and it becomes almost overpowering.

I have a more recent bottle of the EDT, which I bought in either 2014 or 2015. My experience is much like jdp93's in that it lasts about 4-5 hours on my skin. The citrus opening in the EDT is nice though. As it develops the herbs become more prominent on my skin.

I had several bottles of vintage and even one of the vintage Concentree. I sold them all for a song a few years back as quite frankly I never liked it and always thought YSL Pour Homme vintage was better. Despite that, I could get an entire day out of the vintage.

I suggest getting a sample. Years ago they would sell them as I've had some. I liked it and bought a bottle.

Chris

Ok, I'm just going to assume that a lot of you guys have used this. How long does this last? I just the aftershave balm in the mail and upon first use I enjoyed the citrus opening. So I was wondering about the EDT/EDP.

The large bottle is quite cheap on FragranceX. Just buy that and apply again midday. Upside is you get the opening twice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember complaining on another forum that Eau Sauvage only lasted two hours on me, and then others responded the opposite, some swearing it lasted nearly 24 hours on them.

So it's best if you test it.

When you find a tester in a shop, spray some on your wrist and time it. If it's still there with strength in three hours, it's good on you. If it's gone or extremely faint at the three hour mark, it's not going to be a long lating scent you.
Regards,
Renato

Top Bottom