What's new

Original containers for storing tobacco

Are there any containers that tobacco originally comes in thats safe for longer term storage? I have moved my bulk from the plastic bags to mason jars but wasn't sure about tobacco that comes in packaging like tins or tubs.

I have everything transferred to mason jars at the moment, but was curious if anything is safe for storage longer than a couple weeks.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Are there any containers that tobacco originally comes in thats safe for longer term storage? I have moved my bulk from the plastic bags to mason jars but wasn't sure about tobacco that comes in packaging like tins or tubs.

I have everything transferred to mason jars at the moment, but was curious if anything is safe for storage longer than a couple weeks.

It depends greatly on the type of tobacco, how wet it is, and the cut. Despite that I don’t believe opened tins are good for long term storage. Eventually the tobacco will dry out.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
If you’re talking about unopened tins, yes, that’s good. Leave the tins unopened and store in a dry place. Moisture that can cause Rust or extreme heat or cold are your enemies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...it is true about rust attacking opened tins.....i had a tin of dannemann mango......cracked it open, smoked a couple of bowls.....closed it, and forgot about it....... when i opened it again...... the entire interior of the tin was covered in rust.......

Top Bottom