What's new

Orient Killed the 50% off codes.

It had to happen sooner or later. Personally, I'm not surpised they pulled it earlier than they said. I am not a fan of OWUSA, though Orient themselves of course, make a fine product.

I am not a fan of OWUSA, though Orient themselves of course, make a fine product.

Sadly, I agree. Purchased a Blue Ray from them shortly after they were released. They sent me a black one by mistake. No big deal - I sent them an e-mail alerting them of the mistake, and they said they'd gladly do an even exchange as long as the watch I received was returned in the same condition as it was received. No issue there; I never touched the watch after opening the box and realizing the mistake had been made.

What's the big deal? The mistakes happen. However, I don't see how it's MY responsibility to pay return shipping. I sent them an e-mail, asking about being reimbursed for the return shipping. No response. Shame, as they make such a great watch for the price. I own three.

Sadly, I agree. Purchased a Blue Ray from them shortly after they were released. They sent me a black one by mistake. No big deal - I sent them an e-mail alerting them of the mistake, and they said they'd gladly do an even exchange as long as the watch I received was returned in the same condition as it was received. No issue there; I never touched the watch after opening the box and realizing the mistake had been made.

What's the big deal? The mistakes happen. However, I don't see how it's MY responsibility to pay return shipping. I sent them an e-mail, asking about being reimbursed for the return shipping. No response. Shame, as they make such a great watch for the price. I own three.

I have the Blue Ray as well. Really like the watch. Just picked up this one and should have it tomorrow http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EWEPZE/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Picked it up on amazon since they do not have it anymore on the orientusa site. It was only a little more than if I had gotten it with the 50 off code.

My wonder is this, With the only 30% off now, are they as good a deal? So take a ray, at around $150, add 50 bucks and you have a seiko monster. Maybe not as stylishly versatile, but as a diver, far sturdier than the Orient. Or on the higher end stuff, like say the Orient revolver, you are looking at about 615 dollars:

$black revolver.jpg

Then for about 632, you can have this seiko prospex diver no disrespect to orient, in the US, the seiko name is pretty well known:

$seiko prospex.jpg

Shame, as they make such a great watch for the price. I own three.

It is important that everyone realises that Orient Watch USA is not the American Subsidiary of Orient Watch Company, Japan.

OWUSA is only a vendor, just like "Mike's Honest Watch Shop" or any other website you can buy them from.
Having OWUSA as the sponsor of the "Official" Orient subforum in WUS is deliberately misleading and I've stopped going anywhere near that forum as anything critical of this VENDOR is flamed.

I think if I was into diving I would probably opt for something other than the Mako or Ray but I was looking for a sporty affordable watch that was also versatile enough for business attire. I went with the Blue Mako which I have out having a sapphire crystal installed. With that install my cost of goods is about $193 which is in the Seiko Monstor price range. Again, If I wanted a true diver I would probable go the Monster route. I'm a little bit sorry I didn't get the Ray though because I understand it has a superior Lume to the Mako and the second hand is lumed as well. Although I prefer the use of numerals on the Mako dial which I think brings it some distinction from the other affordable divers.

Top Bottom