What's new

Organizing multiple razors & brushes

You guys with multiple razors and brushes... how do you organize them? Do you have an individual stand for each? Are there stands for multiple razors and/or brushes? I currently have one razor and one brush, and I want to expand, but I don't want to just lay stuff in drawers.

I use individual stands for razors and brush stand for brushes. But I don’t have a massive collection...yet.
I’ve read it’s best to have the brush facing bristles downwards to stop water sitting in the knot and weakening the glue/resin??

The razor and brush I'm using are in a razor/brush stand in the bathroom. The other Razors are kept in a jewellery cabinet in the bedroom. Other Brushes are on the shelf I keep my soap/sticks/cream on in the bathroom. I never use them so they're stood next to vintage scuttles for display.

Most things are on the rack with the razors on a shelf next to it
DFF0DEEC-6926-47CD-9F63-44ABB1842676.jpeg

82BE0B06-B4CF-4FE1-8871-FB054B6260CF.jpeg

B212595F-1B47-42D2-A51E-EE67CAF9192A.jpeg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I did it to give it more backbone
That is what I was getting at, the M6 and M7 brushes I have used have not lacked backbone, neither in best or Manchurian, that is why I was surprised to see the knot constricted. You must like a lot of scrub - me too 👍

My razors are stored in a wooden test tube rack in my bathroom vanity. However, I put the five in my current rotation in a different draw. My brushes are stored in the same drawer as the wooden test tubes.

That is what I was getting at, the M6 and M7 brushes I have used have not lacked backbone, neither in best or Manchurian, that is why I was surprised to see the knot constricted. You must like a lot of scrub - me too 👍
To me my M7 Best feels like it is Super instead of best, just to soft and like a big pillow. My favorite brushes are my Zenith Manchurian, and my Duke 2 Best.

How exactly are we defining, "multiple"...? :c1:

I have a small curio cabinet in the bathroom that holds ~15 razors and 6 brushes.

The others are in other locations...

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like to have my razors so they are in eye sight and convenient to grab. Some Razor racks I drilled out when I started to collect vintage Gem and Gillette razors, I had to find some racks, they might look crude but are very handy for the odd ball Schick injectors handles. For brushes I used a spice rack and a bowl. A garage sale purchase humidador ($3.00) for storing blades works well.
Ron's latest Shave Den accumilation of gear Oct 24th 2020.jpg
Gem Quiver (2).jpg
Repurpose spice rack for Syn brushes..jpg
image1 (2).JPG

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

A couple of things to note:

* It doesn't matter which way you store your brushes, whether up or down. You should be shaking out the excess water after a good rinse after the shave and then give it a good towel strop to get rid of any excess water. From that point on there's no freestanding water on your brush to be impacted by a particular up or down orientation.
* Make sure not to put a damp brush in an enclosed area like a medicine cabinet, because it needs the air circulation to properly dry and to discourage mold and mildew.

On the more subjective side...

* I don't like to expose my Metal goods to humid environments as much as possible, so any blades or razors that I'm not currently using I store in my office instead of a bathroom (that has a shower that is often used). Especially any zamac/pot metal razors like Parker, muhle, Merkur, Jagger, or Baili.
* For the longest time, my flat desk drawer was lined with a leather chamois , upon which I laid all of my most frequently used razors. the leather kept them from moving as I opened and closed the drawer and also gave it a touch of manliness.
* Because I no longer have the flat desk drawer, and also because my razor collection has outgrown that, I'm in the hunt for perhaps a tool chest with drawers. But as a stopgap measure, that cosmetics drawer thing that was previously posted looks pretty appealing!
* I once was toying with the idea of getting one of those wide flat aluminum cases similar to what might hold one's poker chips. The foam interior would help razors to stay put and be protected, and if you found one of a decent size it should really hold quite a few razors.

(Sent from mobile)

And some I rarely use in a drawer.
The metal hooks are towel hooks but you can get razor hooks on Ali express. Wish they made them for brushes. Alternative use a magnet on the handle

Attachments

• D9580F8F-3091-45DB-BFA0-57C5984810D9.jpeg
    D9580F8F-3091-45DB-BFA0-57C5984810D9.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 31
  • 18B7DE51-93AA-43B7-9D46-FE822E6C15C3.jpeg
    18B7DE51-93AA-43B7-9D46-FE822E6C15C3.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I like to have my razors so they are in eye sight and convenient to grab. Some Razor racks I drilled out when I started to collect vintage Gem and Gillette razors, I had to find some racks, they might look crude but are very handy for the odd ball Schick injectors handles. For brushes I used a spice rack and a bowl. A garage sale purchase humidador ($3.00) for storing blades works well.
View attachment 1221672 View attachment 1221674 View attachment 1221671 View attachment 1221675
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!
I like the spice rack idea for the brushes.

Top Bottom