What's new

Organic/All Natural Creams

I have been using Proraso green and more recently Proraso Blue ever since I started shaving with a brush.

I'm almost out of my proraso blue and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good organic or at least all natural shaving cream or soap for use with a brush that might also have some skin healing ingredients (I have acne so I often have little nicks, or acne develops in certain areas after I shave, which is once a week...).

Someone recently posted about Muhle vegan shave cream. Might be worth a look. Caties bubbles is more of a croap but lathers easily and is all natural I believe.

Not necessarily all natural but along your Proraso theme, I like Proraso red the most.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Try Mystic Waters Sensitive Skin shave soap. I have not used it, but the description sounds like it may be what you want. I believe TOBS makes an organic shave cream. One again I have not used it but I have other TOBS creams and they are outstanding.

Try some which hazel after you shave too, I splash it on all my acne prone areas after I shower, and it's helping a lot. Its a natural astringent, you can buy a fancy one, or you can buy the stuff that's right next to the rubbing alcohol and the peroxide for like 1.50. Stirling has a couple unscented soaps, one with beeswax, worked great for my friend, not a cream I know, but could be worth a shot, samples are cheap.

Someone recently posted about Muhle vegan shave cream.

You're probably referring to my post:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/496678-muhle-organic-review

My favorite so far.

Others that fit the bill that I have tried (but I prefer the Muhle) -

The Gentlemen's Refinery (https://www.thegr.com/Categoriwise.php?cate=ShaveCream)
La Cigale (a croap, lather in the bowl) (https://bullgooseshaving.com/products/la-cigale-savon-barbe-aloe-vera-shaving-soap-150g)

Others that fit the bill that I have not tried

Ejsberg (https://bullgooseshaving.com/collections/shaving-creams?sort_by=best-selling)

I have been using Proraso green and more recently Proraso Blue ever since I started shaving with a brush.

I'm almost out of my proraso blue and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good organic or at least all natural shaving cream or soap for use with a brush that might also have some skin healing ingredients (I have acne so I often have little nicks, or acne develops in certain areas after I shave, which is once a week...).

Why don't you try shaving more often, say every other day? At least in my case, I get all itchy if I don't shave for 2 days. I can survive, but it is not comfortable, and when I do shave, there is a lot of irritation.

Depending on your growth, you would need to use a very sharp blade to easily get rid of a week's stubble. The only blade that would work for something like that which I have used is the Feather (it's a little too sharp for daily shaving for me). You don't mention what type of razor you use.

A good moisturizer following the shave will also help. I like Weleda which you can find at most health food stores (Whole Foods, Co-ops, etc.).

I don't think there are any organic shaving creams/soaps. It would be a hassle, and I don't think that it would be possible to achieve that. Too many ingredients, they need way too much control over each of those ingredients, and it does not make too much sense either. For food is different, but for shaving products... Let's be real.

Many of the shaving soaps are natural, though, so you can make your pick from a wide selection of products. Anyway, there is a very small chance for the soap or cream to solve your acne problem, because the ingredients in it have very small impact on your face, compared with the razor, for example. Searching for "skin healing" ingredients it's also very counter-productive. It's like searching for Aloe Vera toilet paper. You might find some products, but it might not worth using them because top-notch products are not usually having these "healing" ingredients. The shaving cream should offer great performance (cushion, glide, feel) and not irritate/burn your skin upon using it. If it does that, you should be good with it. Don't expect to find the shaving cream that will heal your acne, give you great shaves when you don't have good technique and pick up your groceries. You won't find it.

If you are having problems with irritation and stuff like that, maybe try using a different razor, improving your technique and preparation. Once you set these in stone, you can experiment with different creams and soaps. Until then, stick with whatever offers good performance.

Wet Shaving Products, of Rustic Shaving Soap fame, is working on a cream. It seems like it's in the final testing stages. Everything they make is simple with no parabens or EDTA or stuff like that. I love their stuff.

There are lots of soaps that are all natural. There aren't that many creams.
  • Esbjerg
  • Speick (specifies that fragrance is essential oils or parts of essential oils)
  • Kiss My Face
  • Edwin Jagger creams are 99.9% natural (I think the fragrances might be synthetic. They just say fragrance and don't specify essential oils.)

I'd suggest trying some kind of exfoliating scrub for the acne. Best one I've used was St. Ives Apricot. I've also found African Black Soap or 100% olive oil bar soaps to be helpful for skin issues. YMMV.

I been useing kiss my face for 4 days now . On my neck I get a rash from my work shirt collar. The short time I have used kiss my face . It has cleared up almost gone I suggest trying that shave cream . Green tea and bamboo has a nice light scent to.

I been useing kiss my face for 4 days now . On my neck I get a rash from my work shirt collar. The short time I have used kiss my face . It has cleared up almost gone I suggest trying that shave cream . Green tea and bamboo has a nice light scent to.

Kiss My Face came under fire from the OCA for labeling their product as organic.
https://www.organicconsumers.org/ne...dals-and-more/take-action-tell-hain-celestial
It looks like they have now dropped that labeling.
(Not to say it's not a good product.)

How was it able to clear up the rash that was due to your work shirt collar? If it was created by friction, or if it was created by sensitivity to laundry detergent residue mixing with sweat and coming lose, then using K-M-F would not have help. If K-M-F helped, it is likely that your previous cream was the cause, not the shirt collar.

Kiss My Face came under fire from the OCA for labeling their product as organic.
It looks like they have now dropped that labeling.

If it was created by friction, or if it was created by sensitivity to laundry detergent residue mixing with sweat and coming lose, then using K-M-F would not have help. If K-M-F helped, it is likely that your previous cream was the cause, not the shirt collar.

I never knew that KMF products were labeled as organic at one time. From what I can tell they stopped using the word organic in 2010? All of mine simply say that they are natural.

Ugh, laundry detergent and fabric softeners are major irritants for me. I always suspect them when I have issues.

Last edited:
Occam's is one not mentioned a lot. Little bit pricey but a little goes a long way, one of my favorite lime scents. Another one is Ginger's Garden argan shaving cream. Endless scents are available. You also got RazoRock Dead Sea soap, which is definitely a cream consistency even though it is labelled a soap.

Do you know which chemical is the problem? Because some creams have different formulas but still need a preservative and stabilizer.

I like Kiss My Face. I've heard good things about Colonel Conk natural shaving creams which they claim are 99% natural. There may be decent nonlathering brushless options at natural food stores. I've seen organic options from Dr. Bronners and Trader Joes but haven't tried them.

You can probably find an all organic shave oil, and use just that if you can't find any creams. Or use oil as a preshave and then organic soap later.

Aloe vera gel is a good healing aftershave.

Top Bottom