What's new

Oregon Wild Hair brush

Who has one? What are your thoughts? I'm about to buy my first mustache wax, and Oregon Wild Hair gets really good reviews and I'm going to need a brush so getting the gift pack would be the best price, depending on what you guys have to say about the brush. So let me know what you think!

It looks like maybe nobody has used a brush like this, so I went ahead and ordered it and I'll let you know what I think of it. :thumbup1:

strop

Now half as wise
I got one with the gift pack. I use it almost daily! I've seen them available elsewhere, but can't remember where I saw them!

strop

Now half as wise
I actually use both. I usually brush it to straighten things out, and help train the hairs, apply some wax then brush again. After a while there is residual wax in the brush so I don't always have to rebrush. Then I use a little more wax, often mixing them to get the hold I want on the ends, and use a comb for touch up shaping before the wax sets. Different moods give different looks one day to the next and I don't always do the same avery day. Starting out though, the brush was helpful in getting the whiskers trained.

When ordering from Oregon Wild Hair, did you get an order confirmation or shipping notice from them?

strop

Now half as wise
When ordering from Oregon Wild Hair, did you get an order confirmation or shipping notice from them?

That was at least 3 or 4 years ago. I really can't remember. I do remeber calling them to ask if they had another version that wasn't yellow. Answered the phone quite promptly.

Okay. I placed my order yesterday and got my PayPal confirmation email, but haven't received anything from OWH.

Are you telling me your tin of OWH wax has lasted you 4 years?!

strop

Now half as wise
I think I got 2 tins plus the stick. I really liked the consistency, hold, and scent, though that had to grow on me a little. I just couldn't use it by itself, though. Really yellowed my white hair. I ended up using it to mix with others, as well as some white beeswax, to make it usable.

I use a military boar brush for the sides of my head. I use pomades and stuff in my hair and then comb my mustache.
my 'stache loves it! The boar hair holds the oils of the pomade and natural hair oils, where as a comb doesn't.
i still use a Kent comb tho... Great for travel and the pocket.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
No email confirmation or shipping info from OWH, but came home for lunch today and had a package in the mailbox. This brush is HUGE! I thought it would be 1/4 the size. Seems to work good though. I'll post some periodic updates. I put a little wax in my stache before I head back to the office. Probably could have done more but I didn't want to over do it. The musk smell is barely noticeable to me.

That's what I just got. Hoping it lasts me for a while. I think I'm really going to like this brush too.

After using the brush daily I think I can give an honest review... I like to brush my stache with it right after my shower, however I don't like to use it after I wax my stache. I use my pocket comb for that. The OWH brush leaves my mo clumpy and doesn't make the hairs go in the direction I want them to. Guess I need to hit a moustache comb now...

Top Bottom