What's new

Ordering up some vintage Avon

My quest for better Old Spice has led me to vintage Avon... which, of course, led me to more vintage Avon. In a Flurry I have ordered up Spice and Wild Country. Bids in on Tai Winds, Deep Woods and Island Lime. I have no idea what I'm doing... but it seems like the right thing to do.

Probably more out there I should be buying.

Spice is fantastic! I love Deep Woods and Leather as well.

I was fortunate to be able to try a wide smattering of vintage sampler wipes. There are really so few that you can go wrong with.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
My quest for better Old Spice has led me to vintage Avon... which, of course, led me to more vintage Avon. In a Flurry I have ordered up Spice and Wild Country. Bids in on Tai Winds, Deep Woods and Island Lime. I have no idea what I'm doing... but it seems like the right thing to do.

Ha! I went down the same path recently, it's madness. Started with Spicy, then got Wild Country, latest acquisition was Oland... Tai Winds, Trubute, Island Lime are all on my "to get" list

BTW, I have some vintage Shulton OS and I prefer the Spicy, good stuff!

Everest is rarely mentioned but it is nice , a "green " grassy-minty smell I like it and it lasts all day at a low level.Oland is one of the few avon products that may get skunky if not stored correctly.Blend 7 was Avon's shot at a British Sterling type scent,not bad at all.Tribute is a very good lavender scent,said to be their version of puig's agua lavanda .Tai Winds is in the vein of Jade East/Hai Karate.AND Avon Leather is awesome....A leather Jacket in a bottle.Enjoy the hunt!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Maybe you should stay away from the Vintage Avon thread. That might tip you over the edge.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
...... but it seems like the right thing to do.

It is indeed!

They're not making any more of it and it's great stuff. Sometimes ridiculously affordable, American-made, contains now-banned oakmoss ... classic shave component .... Scents are all awesome (except Excalibur, which is awesome for 10 seconds). What's not to like?

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Everest is rarely mentioned but it is nice , a "green " grassy-minty smell I like it and it lasts all day at a low level.Oland is one of the few avon products that may get skunky if not stored correctly.Blend 7 was Avon's shot at a British Sterling type scent,not bad at all.Tribute is a very good lavender scent,said to be their version of puig's agua lavanda .Tai Winds is in the vein of Jade East/Hai Karate.AND Avon Leather is awesome....A leather Jacket in a bottle.Enjoy the hunt!

Yes it is! And Windjammer, its cousin.

Leather is amazing; wearing it today.

AA

Top Bottom