What's new

Ordering Bourbon Online?

Hi guys,

I don't really drink so all of this is foreign to me. I wanted to send a bottle of bourbon to someone in another state as a thank you gift. I know what kind they would like so I need to find a place that ships to Ohio that doesn't have too many hoops.

Not sure if anyone will be there to sign for it, is that usually a requirement?
If they had to pick it up to sign for it that would probably be okay, but one site mentioned it would be returned to sender and there would be a restocking fee.
One site mentioned a minimum purchase amount. Is that the norm?
Haven't really thought about shipping it myself since I don't know if there are any restrictions in those situations.

I may end up getting a gift card or something, but I think opening a REAL gift is a lot better sometimes.

Thanks guys!

Sir Josh, Welcome to B&B!

I'm not fully informed about shipping gifted alcohol to Ohio.

However, to be safe, I'd suggest a Total Wine gift card!

Nice thought to share some bourbon with others!

Cheers!!

Thanks for the welcome Sarimento!

Looks like they don't ship there and he doesn't have a store nearby so I'll keep looking. Thanks for the tip though. Maybe he has one of those chain stores (with gift cards) that sells spirits in his area.

Ohio is (for the most part) a liquor control state and liquor is sold through official agencies. I grew up in OH but have not lived there while of drinking age so I don’t know the rules re delivery. Your best bet is to call an agency near where you want the bottle delivered and see if they can help.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm pretty sure that any shipper will require an adult signature for alcohol. That may be a legal matter.

If you were to ship it yourself, I believe FedEx is your only option. It's illegal to ship alcohol via USPS, and UPS just doesn't want to do it.

Top Bottom