What's new

Ordered my first hat

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yeah I've seen the grey ones online, very nice.
Older than dirt, taller than most hats I see on others, but it's in great shape, draws compliments, and I look more like Indy's dad when I wear it. I also am much older! Glad I never threw it out when my teen age self got teased for wearing it, lol.

Older than dirt, taller than most hats I see on others, but it's in great shape, draws compliments, and I look more like Indy's dad when I wear it. I also am much older! Glad I never threw it out when my teen age self got teased for wearing it, lol.
Yes. Thinking about throwing away such a beautiful hat gives me hives lol. Glad you kept it.

Ironically, the hat I used as an example above was a wrong shipment from village hat shop. Being elastic banded, I kept it for cold weather where I’d be inclined to also wear a recon wrap underneath it (same as a bula neck gator), but I rarely wear it. If I remember correctly, it came as black/large when a medium in brown was what was ordered.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they said “keep it, we’ll ship the right one immediately”. That’s happened to us with other vendors of goods.

Ironically, the hat I used as an example above was a wrong shipment from village hat shop. Being elastic banded, I kept it for cold weather where I’d be inclined to also wear a recon wrap underneath it (same as a bula neck gator), but I rarely wear it. If I remember correctly, it came as black/large when a medium in brown was what was ordered.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they said “keep it, we’ll ship the right one immediately”. That’s happened to us with other vendors of goods.
They did contact me back and they are sending what is hopefully the right hat this time...they do want the mistaken hat returned and are sending a label which is fair and fine. Hopefully this all works out but now I am back to waiting for my actual hat again lol.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Well my hat came in from Village Hat shop. They sent me a Dorman Pacific 100% WOOL hat!?! Which after looking it up online is a $60 hat. I paid twice as much for a fine fur felt Indiana Jones officially licensed hat. How disappointing. Now I have to return it. Really abnoxious.
That's a bummer after all this anxious waiting. Let's hope they make good on it.

That's a bummer after all this anxious waiting. Let's hope they make good on it.
I'm lucky that way. Yes I think they will send me a new hat but I'm worried that they will send me the wrong size or color now. I've seen a few reviews and this sort of thing seem somewhat common. Great selection of hats no doubt but they need to check the orders better.

Wool felt is inferior to fur felt, glad they got it sorted.
Thank you. Exactly and the price of the wool hat was half what I paid for the fur hat. I'm just glad I noticed it because they are very similar otherwise. The Insignia in the satin liner was wrong and then I saw 100% wool in the leather sweat band. Had I not noticed them and then removed the tags or wore the hat for a few days or even a week I may have been out of luck. Thankfully I caught it while it was in the box and did not disturb the hat. Tag are intact, no wear on the hat at all. Looking forward to getting the fur version. I don't think I've ever seen a fur felt hat up close so I am curious to see the difference.

OMG!!! I just received the new hat expecting to finally have the fur felt fedora that I paid for and what I dot was yet ANOTHER 100% wool hat!!! I am livid at this point. This has got to be the worst apathetic customer service I have ever received. They got the order wrong twice in a row? How does that happen?

Their hours today are 10 to 4. I have been calling them since they opened. I left a voicemail and 2 emails to different departments that handled their first screw up. I have not gotten a reply nor are they picking up the phone today on the customer service extension. What are my options? I think I just want a refund at this point. I don't want to keep dealing with this level of incompetence from The Village Hat Shop. I've already had to make a trip once to fedex and pay for tape and label printing. Not to mention all the waiting involved. Getting it wrong once is possibly just one of those human errors. Getting the same order wrong twice is bad business practices and apathy toward a customer who just spent $130.00 for a hat. The hat they keep sending me is listed on Amazon for $40. What are they trying to pull here?

Where do you live? If you’re near NYC, JJ Hats is a winner. If New Orleans is easier, Meyer the Hatter is a good shop. Seattle used to have the best hat shop, Byrnie Utz, but they closed last September (as have other hat stores I used to enjoy). Goorin Bros sometimes has nice felt hats for sale.

After several sizing issues, I no longer buy hats online.

Where do you live? If you’re near NYC, JJ Hats is a winner. If New Orleans is easier, Meyer the Hatter is a good shop. Seattle used to have the best hat shop, Byrnie Utz, but they closed last September (as have other hat stores I used to enjoy). Goorin Bros sometimes has nice felt hats for sale.

After several sizing issues, I no longer buy hats online.
I live in SC. Most likely the place in New Orleans would get to me at a decent pace. I've watched a bunch of videos from the guy at JJ Hats. Seems like he enjoys his work.

So much anticipation, so much disappointment. This is not a good vendor. Ask for a refund and find another seller. FWIW, I got my Indy wool felt hat from JCPenney online : https://www.jcpenney.com/p/indiana-jones-wool-felt-safari-hat/pp5004450964?pTmplType=regular&catId=SearchResults&searchTerm=indiana+hat&productGridView=medium&urlState=product_type=hats
Yes the anticipation of how this hat will be in person has been bugging me. I could not believe I was looking at another junk hat this morning instead of the one I should have received. Everyone I've talked to there sounds like a young millennial female. Cynical, apathetic, annoyed and really just wanting me to hear them and not be heard myself. Lots of jargon about policies but never once have I heard them say they understand why I am unhappy or that they are sorry. This last one literally tried to tell me how it was the warehouses fault and not the folks in the store...She failed miserably to understand that my experience falls under one umbrella and it's name is The Village Hat Shop. There is no reason for me as a customer to have to do any mental gymnastics as to which department at the company failed me. All I got was a bit of questioning about what the had band says (100% wool) as if we hadn't been down this road already and some snark about me already leaving a voicemail and emails. My patience is apparently the problem here as far as they are concerned.

At any rate, no matter what I do, I still have to return the erroneous 2nd hat, which is a bit of a hassle. I requested that the next hat be shipped express for my trouble because I am not waiting another week, she agreed but there were no offers made on their part to make me happy at any ponit. I am morbidly curious at this point to see if they will get me the actual hat I ordered. As stupid as that sounds I really have to see what happens next. I was told they will contact me Monday and the store supervisor will see to it that the correct hat is packaged and will call me to confirm before they ship it. The saga continues.

Top Bottom