What's new

Ordered a Supply Razor

Just had my 1st shave with the supply 2.0. I wish I could say that it was positive, but it was actually pretty horrible. Did 2 passes, both WTG and and nice warm shower and lather beforehand. No pressure and did my neck only (currently have a beard for the next week or so before I go back to work). I probably gave myself 20 micro cuts and I was a bloody mess. Way worse than the 1st time I tried a DE razor. Admittedly my neck is my most sensitive area, but this was really bad. The shave itself was very close and now that my skin irritation is going away and I'm cleaned up, it feels great. I will keep trying for my next 99 days, but this sensitive-skinned guy is not happy so far. I will certainly vary the blade angle a bit more, but I thought I was doing it right.

Use a very shallow angle. It is almost 90 degrees. Place the cap on your skin and tilt the handle down very slightly until you just feel the blade. Review the videos on the Supply web site for proper angle.

When I use my Supply I can barely feel the blade as it is so smooth.

Supply sent me a new razor so no more defective razor to worry about. However, I just could never get a satisfactory experience with this wonder kid of a razor. I still had some mechanical problems that I did not like and I got red bumps on my cheek which I liked even less.

Pat and Jennifer were wonderful to work with, but sometimes one is simply not suited to a particular product.

I wish you all well on your single edge road, but it is back to the double edge for me.

Peace, out.
There are so many more SE record out there. Don't give up on SE razors yet. You might get your best shaves from a SE razor.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

I struggled with the Supply for about two month. I bought the extra plates looking for a clean shave. The OO plate was too ineffective and the OOO was actually to aggressive. I wished they would come out with a OO 1/2 which would probably hit the spot.

I started with Schick SE's and I just don't see how anyone can improve on the original. After trying M, L, I, and G, I finally settled with the I. Less blood and drama than the Supply, by far. I just got my I HydroMagice back from Pisarick and his Elves who did a great plating job on it. This is probably my "sunset" razor.

Too bad Madison Avenue swept the good stuff away in the '50s and '60s.

I guess this is a prime example of YMMV. I've been using double edge razors for the better part of 50 years, but only recently revisited injectors with my purchase of the Supply. To me it seemed so intuitive and provided such close and drama free shaves that I find it hard to see how anyone could dislike it. Of course, I could never get used to a Fatip open comb and you'll find lots of folks who feel the way about those that I do about the Supply. At some point if it's not the razor for you, it's just not the razor for you.

Use a very shallow angle. It is almost 90 degrees. Place the cap on your skin and tilt the handle down very slightly until you just feel the blade. Review the videos on the Supply web site for proper angle.

When I use my Supply I can barely feel the blade as it is so smooth.

So I just did my second shave and it was 100 percent better. You're absolutely right about the angle. I had watched the videos but about a week prior, so I wasn't paying attention to the angle as much as I should have. Tonight I started at 90 degrees and took small strokes until I just felt/heard the blade hitting the hair, and it was fantastic. No cuts at all, and a pretty decent shave. I was a little timid so this was not BBS, but it will certainly work as I am getting used to this razor. Thanks!

Remember the angle is different than a DE.

Thanks - I read your post above: "Use a very shallow angle. It is almost 90 degrees. Place the cap on your skin and tilt the handle down very slightly until you just feel the blade" - sounds like it's not nearly the ~30 degree angle of a DE razor, but the handle closer to parallel to the floor - I'll keep watching videos :)

Those supply injectors look great. Maybe further down the road I'll jump the gun on one purely because I love the way they look.

Top Bottom