What's new

Ordered a Supply Razor

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@kpfeifle No need to lose a good blade to try another brand with Supply. Just unscrew the base plate and replace the blade that way; it's what I have done several times while going between the 2-dot and 3-dot plates.

Hope you don't mind all of us jumping on your thread! Had my second shave today, DR Harris Windsor cream and a 26 mm Yaqi tuxedo. Really loving this razor. I like the heft and it is very controllable. Seems really well made too. Since I was not sure if I was going to send it back, I did not order the stand...ordered that today! Even though the included blade had more life on it, I sacrificed it to try a China made Schick blade tomorrow. Very interested to see what (if any) difference I see. Hope all of you guys have great shaves with your new razor!
KP,

You all are more than welcome to the party! It's great hearing the experiences of others.

@kpfeifle No need to lose a good blade to try another brand with Supply. Just unscrew the base plate and replace the blade that way; it's what I have done several times while going between the 2-dot and 3-dot plates.
Great point! Thank you for that. I figure with only 2 blades currently being manufactured for injectors, it's silly not to try both!

Great point! Thank you for that. I figure with only 2 blades currently being manufactured for injectors, it's silly not to try both!
There's also the Schick Proline B-20. It doesn't come with an injector key, but that's no problem for the Supply.

After 3 weeks using the Personna blades that came with the razor, I too decided to see if the Schick blades were any different. I had my first shave with a Schick this morning, and while it was great I'm not sure that I can tell the difference between the two. If there is a difference it certainly doesn't justify the price differential. I might just try the Proline blades to satisfy my curiousity, although I have absolutely no problems with the Personna's.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
In my I2, both Personna and Schick provide me with great shaves, with the difference being longevity of blade life.
Personnas - 2 weeks of daily shaves
Schicks - a full month

I've had a Supply razor for about a year now. I really like it. I switch off between it and DE razors, but I believe I get the most comfortable shave with the Supply. I have the 3 different plates and use the single dot one (most mild) and get very close shaves with no irritation. The other plates are fine on my face, but tend to be a bit too aggressive on my neck. I really like the heft as I believe it helps get the razor thru my whiskers a bit easier....especially if I haven't shaved in a couple of days. Great quality and service from Supply.

I sold mine off too soon I think. I didn't have my lathers figured out a year ago like I do now. I had the mirror polish chrome, which I found a bit slick in hindsight. My wtg pass using it would go well, but I had trouble with the slickness and other angles of attack. Most of my shave is spent with the razor handle towards the ceiling, and I was struggling too much with the supply. That said, it provided the closest wtg pass of any razor I have ever used. One pass and I was at a minimum of a ccs, sometimes even a DFS. Two pass BBS was definitely possible with it. Very smooth razor too, and great quality as mentioned above. I may have just talked myself into another one...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Interesting... I had 3 shaves with the Personna blades and just finished 3 with the Schick. Both blades were great, and I would happily use either, but I think I prefer the Schick. Seemed to have more blade feel for me and I got more feedback from the razor. Is it possible that the Schicks are a thinner blade?

Cumberland,

No, I ordered the non-custom, hence the #2 plate only. I probably should have ordered the custom with all three but I shall try to make do with what I get. If I am compelled to do so I can always order the more aggressive plate.

Cheers!
Ike
I am sure you will like the Supply Razor. I have only shaved with a cartridge one time(with a guard on a Christmas trip to visit family) but if you are transitioning from one this razor is probably the smoothest.
The shave I got with the guard was socially acceptable but nowhere near as close or smooth as the Supply.
Nick

Last edited:
I ordered a Supply injector razor. The company gives customers a 100 days no-questions-asked full refund policy so there is no risk. I hope the razor is as good as their generous refund policy. I’d rather have an awesome injector than my money back.

Good luck with the razor! I wanted to love this razor, but I tried this razor with all of the settings and the one plate made it very difficult for me to get a close shave and the #2 and #3 plates caused a bunch of razor burn on my neck area. I finally gave up on it.

I haven't responded yet with my experience with the Supply Single Edge Razor because there was a manufacturer's issue with the razor the I received. Supply has been great to work with and they are sending med a new razor. I will let you know how it goes after I receive the razor and get a few shaves on it.

I haven't responded yet with my experience with the Supply Single Edge Razor because there was a manufacturer's issue with the razor the I received. Supply has been great to work with and they are sending med a new razor. I will let you know how it goes after I receive the razor and get a few shaves on it.
Good to hear they are taking care of you.

Supply sent me a new razor so no more defective razor to worry about. However, I just could never get a satisfactory experience with this wonder kid of a razor. I still had some mechanical problems that I did not like and I got red bumps on my cheek which I liked even less.

Pat and Jennifer were wonderful to work with, but sometimes one is simply not suited to a particular product.

I wish you all well on your single edge road, but it is back to the double edge for me.

Peace, out.

I also ordered a supply razor with the extra custom plates also comes with 20 blades my total came to $108. I was looking to get out of cartridge shaving and Gillette. I was always interested in trying a different shaving system but there was nothing on the market that I knew of and I was trying to stay away from the DE razors. I knew of the Schick injector system but could not find their razors anywhere. Looking forward to my shipment to arrive in about 3 days.

I also ordered a supply razor with the extra custom plates also comes with 20 blades my total came to $108. I was looking to get out of cartridge shaving and Gillette. I was always interested in trying a different shaving system but there was nothing on the market that I knew of and I was trying to stay away from the DE razors. I knew of the Schick injector system but could not find their razors anywhere. Looking forward to my shipment to arrive in about 3 days.
Schick stopped making injectors for the US sometime in the 90s, maybe earlier. They stopped making them for Japan in the early 2000s, last one made we call the Type O on the internet. An online company, eBarbershop, makes a clone of the Type O that is available most of the time. They take the Twin blade for best results, able to be bought on the bay or from Japan's version of Amazon, called Rakuten. Excellent clone of the Type O if you are still looking for something in that vein after you get used to the supply. Coming from a cartridge, you'll be tempted to use pressure with the Supply. DONT! The blades are very sharp and any pressure towards your skin will give you a cut or nick. It's a heavy razor, so let it do the work for you. Enjoy the shaves!

Schick stopped making injectors for the US sometime in the 90s, maybe earlier. They stopped making them for Japan in the early 2000s, last one made we call the Type O on the internet. An online company, eBarbershop, makes a clone of the Type O that is available most of the time. They take the Twin blade for best results, able to be bought on the bay or from Japan's version of Amazon, called Rakuten. Excellent clone of the Type O if you are still looking for something in that vein after you get used to the supply. Coming from a cartridge, you'll be tempted to use pressure with the Supply. DONT! The blades are very sharp and any pressure towards your skin will give you a cut or nick. It's a heavy razor, so let it do the work for you. Enjoy the shaves!

Thanks for the info Johnnynroy I always wondered about the Schick system. I am aware of the blade pressure on the Supply system. I am really looking forward to this new (to me) system.

Top Bottom