What's new

Ordered a Supply Razor

I ordered a Supply injector razor. The company gives customers a 100 days no-questions-asked full refund policy so there is no risk. I hope the razor is as good as their generous refund policy. I’d rather have an awesome injector than my money back.

Ooooo I was looking at those myself and wondered how they might compare to my Eversharp Schick i1
I don't know much about the different injectors. I have a Schick Type L injector and it is OK, but it would never replace my Merkur 34c double edge razor. However, I like the idea of a single edge, hence trying out the Supply model. So my comparison will be against the 34c and not another injector.

I hope you find your answer.

I think you'll be pleased with the Supply razor. Like you, I figured that the 100 day guarantee made it a safe bet, but I hadn't used an injector razor in close to 50 years so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. The build quality is as good as they claim, and so are the results, or at least they are for me. For the first 2 days I thought it might be causing some very minor irritation on my neck, but I couldn't see anything there and by day 3 it was smooth and comfortable. It also gave me a closer shave than the double edged razors I had been using, like the RazoRock Game Changer and Rockwell 6C. I have now been using it daily for several weeks and couldn't be more pleased.

I think you'll be pleased with the Supply razor. Like you, I figured that the 100 day guarantee made it a safe bet, but I hadn't used an injector razor in close to 50 years so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. The build quality is as good as they claim, and so are the results, or at least they are for me. For the first 2 days I thought it might be causing some very minor irritation on my neck, but I couldn't see anything there and by day 3 it was smooth and comfortable. It also gave me a closer shave than the double edged razors I had been using, like the RazoRock Game Changer and Rockwell 6C. I have now been using it daily for several weeks and couldn't be more pleased.
Steve,

Thank you for your report and encouragement, it is greatly appreciated!

I had the Gamechanger too but I never did get a really good shave from it. Others love it and more power to them. I eventually sold the Gamechanger...beautiful razor though.

I have been shaving for a long time but somehow had never used an injector or single edge.
I ordered the Supply version two about 18 months ago just to see how it did. It is by far the smoothest razor I have (and I own more than a few). There was a very short learning curve ,about one shaves worth, but after that I was very satisfied with this razor.
I did find that the Shick injector blades worked better for me than the blades that were sent with the purchase.
I found the build quality and performance to be excellent. You should be very happy with this razor.

I have been shaving for a long time but somehow had never used an injector or single edge.
I ordered the Supply version two about 18 months ago just to see how it did. It is by far the smoothest razor I have (and I own more than a few). There was a very short learning curve ,about one shaves worth, but after that I was very satisfied with this razor.
I did find that the Shick injector blades worked better for me than the blades that were sent with the purchase.
I found the build quality and performance to be excellent. You should be very happy with this razor.
Nick,

Thank you too for sharing your Supply razor experience. I find your comment interesting regarding the Schick vs Personna blades. I am anxious to see how the Personna blades work in the Supply razor.

I ordered a Supply injector razor. The company gives customers a 100 days no-questions-asked full refund policy so there is no risk. I hope the razor is as good as their generous refund policy. I’d rather have an awesome injector than my money back.

Did you go for the set with three different plates, or just with the two-dot medium one? I thought the two-dot plate was pretty good, but the three-dot makes the razor a real keeper.

Did you go for the set with three different plates, or just with the two-dot medium one? I thought the two-dot plate was pretty good, but the three-dot makes the razor a real keeper.
Cumberland,

No, I ordered the non-custom, hence the #2 plate only. I probably should have ordered the custom with all three but I shall try to make do with what I get. If I am compelled to do so I can always order the more aggressive plate.

Cheers!

I only have the medium plate, and it’s worked out perfectly for me. I’m sure that some will prefer the other plates, and if you know that you typically like very mild or very aggressive razors, it makes sense to get the extra plates from the start. I tend to like moderately (or even mildly) aggressive razors like the Game Changer .84 or Rockwell plates 4 or 5. If you’re one of those people who finds the Rockwell plate 6 too mild or the Game Changer too aggressive, you may well want the extra plates.

I had my first shave this morning with my Supply. Only got the medium head, so that's what I used, what a great shave. This ones a keeper..

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Using a Personna blade, I like the closeness of the 3-dot plate, but the post-shave face feel of the 2-dot. On Monday, I will switch to a Schick blade and see if that makes any difference.

Using a Personna blade, I like the closeness of the 3-dot plate, but the post-shave face feel of the 2-dot. On Monday, I will switch to a Schick blade and see if that makes any difference.
My razor arrived today. Though I have Chicks in the house I will start with the Personnas supplied with the razor. We can compare notes. :)

How is the grip on the supply razor? The handle looks very smooth. I'm surprised they don't offer different handles.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The grip is great. I'm over a dozen shave in with no issue at all. One thing that pleasantly surprised me is that the "indent rib" on the inside of the handle is simply a wonderful design, fitting my finger like it was made for it.

I will be watching this thread. I am looking to purchase one, but don't know if I should start with a more common (and cheaper) injector style first.

I will be watching this thread. I am looking to purchase one, but don't know if I should start with a more common (and cheaper) injector style first.
I will be happy to give you my impression between the Supply razor and a standard Schick injector after I've had a few shaves. Thanks for your interest.

Hope you don't mind all of us jumping on your thread! Had my second shave today, DR Harris Windsor cream and a 26 mm Yaqi tuxedo. Really loving this razor. I like the heft and it is very controllable. Seems really well made too. Since I was not sure if I was going to send it back, I did not order the stand...ordered that today! Even though the included blade had more life on it, I sacrificed it to try a China made Schick blade tomorrow. Very interested to see what (if any) difference I see. Hope all of you guys have great shaves with your new razor!

Top Bottom