What's new

Ordered a Ralf Aust! (Again)

Arrived Tuesday! This is a hunk of steel and horn! It is definitely hefty. I really like the coloring on the horn. I have yet to try it - saving it for the weekend.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Very nice scales. Is the 45 degree area on the toe sharpened?

Thanks! It is not sharpened but is very narrow there. The way it is ground it almost looks like it has a slight edge, but it is not real sharp. (I didn't want to press too hard with my thumb or finger though.)

Thanks! It is not sharpened but is very narrow there. The way it is ground it almost looks like it has a slight edge, but it is not real sharp. (I didn't want to press too hard with my thumb or finger though.)
Ah, that's what I though! It is very hard to tell in pictures is why I ask. My assumption is that is ground along with the edge, but does not receive any additional sharpening. I just needed some margin of safety so I don't have to order the round point. Thanks.

My understanding is that the current rate of VAT in Germany is 19%, so divide the VAT inclusive price by 1.19 to get the VAT exempt price.
What, you didn't go as far as putting it in your cart and entering your state? :letterk1:

It will tell you the total in your currency🇪🇺 including shipping(adjusted for your location).

Sorry, was meant as a joke about how far many of us go without pulling the trigger.

Last edited:
And if buying from outside the EU it's VAT (USt) free too. Just sayin'...

There is no VAT for the US buyers. I don't want to talk someone into doing something that they are not comfortable with. I only meant that if you are interested in one, the current exchange rate is a positive.

There is no VAT for the US buyers. I don't want to talk someone into doing something that they are not comfortable with. I only meant that if you are interested in one, the current exchange rate is a positive.
I don't want to talk someone into doing something they are not comfortable with either. Just pointing out non EU sales are exempt of VAT.

For reference later…
I am at 180 shipped to the US with a stainless blade. Even if it gets up to 200 by the time I order, that is a heck of a deal for what you are getting! I just hope I can order the 2 that I want before he retires.

Top Bottom