What's new

Ordered a Po' Boy Timeless SS

Very impressed with the packaging for a scratch and dent razor. And I have looked it over closely and see no damage at all. And I like the matte finish just fine.

Looking forward to the first shave in the morning.

20220609_125347.jpg

Attachments

• 20220609_123836.jpg
    20220609_123836.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Very impressed with the packaging for a scratch and dent razor. And I have looked it over closely and see no damage at all. And I like the matte finish just fine.

View attachment 1469518
I'm so glad your experience is the same as I've seen from everyone who bought one of their "scratch and dent" offerings. That says a lot for Timeless.

View attachment 1469518
I bought a scratch & dent SS handle from Timeless and it sure looked first quality to me. I think that matte finish gives the razor a sexy industrial look, like Ti should look.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I bought a SS handle from Timeless and it sure looked first quality to me. I think that matte finish gives the razor a sexy industrial look, like Ti should look.

As usual, I agree with AlphaFrank75! The Matt finish does indeed, give it the industrial look. Looks like its made out of tank steel, made to last lifetimes. Yes sir!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Congrats.... I've read several reviews of Timeless "scratch and dent"... every single one of them said... we can find nothing dented or scratched... .look perfect... I hope it's the same for you two.

I own 3 Timeless razors, 2 were Scratch and Dent and I'll second this notion. My SS .68sb is my go to. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. Happy shaves!!!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I ordered a Bronze razor from Timeless on 29 May and it shipped the next day with UPS. Once it left Timeless, my razor took the scenic route around the US until finally arriving to me this Tuesday. 🤷‍♂️
I've had that happen a few times as well..... both with packages coming to me and things I've shipped. I'm not quite sure what's happening with all the major shipping companies. Perhaps, nothing has changed: we just have tracking now so we can watch it happening.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
This mailman says surely it wasn't shipped USPS :crazy:
I usually have very good luck with USPS but all our mail goes through Jacksonville, FL. I hope you don't work there or I'll be putting my foot in my mouth. I've had several priority mail packages leave there... return there... leave again... return... one more time before it finally made it to our PO here in Gainesville.

I sent a Priority Mail package to our son, 2.5 hours south of us... it was in St. Petersburg the next day... then went to Georgia...then Tennessee.... back to the large PO distribution center in St. Petersburg... left one more time to Daytona Beach... finally, back to St. Petersburg where he lives. As I said, tracking lets us see all that.. in years past, we had no idea the path a package took before it was delivered to us.

I still use USPS. Their prices are the best and most of the time, they are delivered with no issue.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I usually have very good luck with USPS but all our mail goes through Jacksonville, FL. I hope you don't work there or I'll be putting my foot in my mouth. I've had several priority mail packages leave there... return there... leave again... return... one more time before it finally made it to our PO here in Gainesville.

I sent a Priority Mail package to our son, 2.5 hours south of us... it was in St. Petersburg the next day... then went to Georgia...then Tennessee.... back to the large PO distribution center in St. Petersburg... left one more time to Daytona Beach... finally, back to St. Petersburg where he lives. As I said, tracking lets us see all that.. in years past, we had no idea the path a package took before it was delivered to us.

I still use USPS. Their prices are the best and most of the time, they are delivered with no issue.
All good. Sometimes things loop in very weird ways for no apparent reason. We usually do purty darn OK, but sometimes...

Unless you live on my route. Flawless, every day. 🙃

All good. Sometimes things loop in very weird ways for no apparent reason. We usually do purty darn OK, but sometimes...

Unless you live on my route. Flawless, every day. 🙃
When I worked for FedEx National, I saw tracking info that said a package was picked up in Frankfort Ky, went to Louisville, then Cincinnati, then to Lexington Ky for delivery. I’ll let the class look that route up on a map…

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
When I worked for FedEx National, I saw tracking info that said a package was picked up in Frankfort Ky, went to Louisville, then Cincinnati, then to Lexington Ky for delivery. I’ll let the class look that route up on a map…
I've used FedEx, UPS, USPS and DHL quite a bit over the last 6 months. Every so often, there are issues with all 4 of them. I sometimes think, it's just the luck of the draw. I have had packages shipped via DHL from the UK (Scotland, Portugal, England) usually without incident... and they get here in 3 days if no weekend is involved, but I had a package from Portugal that took the scenic route as Cantujm's did. It was on hold in every country for some reason. It might have been the badger and boar bristles in the brushes that set things off. The package had no been opened and was no damaged.... but took ten days to get here.

Things happen.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
USPS - 7.4 billion packages a year
UPS - 4.7 billion packages a year
FedEx - 3 billion packages a year

Jeff Bezos can kick rocks. He can also train his drivers to drive on the right side of the road. And deliver his own dog food/big boxes.

Oh yeah, add 425 million pieces of mail a day to my team.

Alas sometimes something goes amiss. I'm sure you'll see that razor soon.

Only had one shave with each plate so far but thought I would update.

The .68 plate is very mild, I'd compare it to my Rockwell 6C plate R2 or maybe R3. But it gives a nice comfortable shave and gave me near bbs with quite a bit of buffing. Post-shave feel was excellent even with the buffing.

The .95 plate is much more efficient but still very comfortable. Again near bbs but this time with only a small amount of buffing. Post-shave feel again was excellent.

To me, the shave given by the .95 plate is comparable to my RR Lupo .72 SB. Proof that blade gap is not the only factor to consider.

"A nice comfortable shave" is the way I'd describe the Timeless razor.

Only had one shave with each plate so far but thought I would update.

The .68 plate is very mild, I'd compare it to my Rockwell 6C plate R2 or maybe R3. But it gives a nice comfortable shave and gave me near bbs with quite a bit of buffing. Post-shave feel was excellent even with the buffing.

The .95 plate is much more efficient but still very comfortable. Again near bbs but this time with only a small amount of buffing. Post-shave feel again was excellent.

To me, the shave given by the .95 plate is comparable to my RR Lupo .72 SB. Proof that blade gap is not the only factor to consider.

"A nice comfortable shave" is the way I'd describe the Timeless razor.
If you get opportunity I recommend trying the .95 OC plate. Still quite smooth but more efficient.

Top Bottom