What's new

Order of Pinaud

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
razorhead63 & never-stop-learning
The Order is honored to have you join our ranks and awesome you're loving the many lines of Clubman (my scents of choice is Clubman Reserve; Whisky Woods & Brandy)!

However, I believe many of Pinuad's products can be 'drying' (because of its alcohol content), upon the face and body, I've found (by 'trial & error'...I started with 2 drops at first), the addition of about 8 drops of glycerin per 6oz bottle greatly increases the moisturizing and toning aspects with no 'stickiness or heaviness'. :thumbsup:

And so now...with out further ado;

Order of Pinaud - Knighting.JPG
You're now a proud members (along with anyone using Clubman products), and Knights of the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Pinaud (a.k.a.'The Club')".

I will now administer (written by our Scribe of the Order, member 'Mario' [a.k.a.Gatsby]), the Order of Pinaud sacred Oath...please raise your right hand and repeat after me;
proxy.php

"I do solemnly affirm that I will uphold my membership to the Order of Pinaud (a.k.a "The Club"), through my loyalty to the fine A/S, my unwavering dedication to assist all wet shaving enthusiasts, and to promote the iron-clad fellowship that is B & B.

I do swear this on my sword, my (name your razor), and, my lance, my (name your brush): my weapons of choice in

smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble".
attachment.php

proxy.php
Tondebat cum style et traditione (latin for Shaving with style and tradition. [Pinaud Slogan])

PS And to paraphrase member 'Viseguy' (our Chaplain of the Order), who has so graciously and eloquently added;

proxy.php
"Let us spray:

O Mighty Pinaud, thou who protectest all wet shavers from the ravages of uncivilized modernity[...]. Guide and protect me and all my brethren[...] on my way to the eternal late-nineteenth-century tonsorial establishment that awaits all wet shavers who remain true to
the Oath! Amen"!

After dabbling around the edges of the Order, I have been engaged in a routine the last several weeks of CC shampoo, deodorant, WW powder, Eau de Quinine Tonic, and Special Reserve AS. It feels permanent and oh so right.

Clubman Pinaud was my first and I love it. For my 2cd, I picked up on a whim some Virgin Island Bay Rum I saw at a pharmacy.

Whoa! All I can smell is boozy rum. Do the other scents come out on the skin? Is this a love it or hate it scent?

I always thought their bay rum made me smell like a baked ham. It had too much clove for my taste. Try the Lilac Vegetal and see if that agrees with you. That's a love or hate for many here. My top 3 Pinauds are Clubman, Special Reserve and Classic Vanilla. All three last a long time.

So this is going to seem like a very silly question, but I can't seem to get it straight...

Is "Pinaud" an aftershave made by "Clubman" or is "Clubman" an aftershave made by "Pinaud"? Or is the relationship more complex than I am imagining?

So this is going to seem like a very silly question, but I can't seem to get it straight...

Is "Pinaud" an aftershave made by "Clubman" or is "Clubman" an aftershave made by "Pinaud"? Or is the relationship more complex than I am imagining?
Pinaud is the perfumer, Clubman is actually a scent, although it's become something of a brand name as well.

So saying I used Pinaud is ambiguous, while saying I used Clubman implies "by Pinaud" and is not ambiguous (unless there are multiple versions of Clubman)?
There really is only one Clubman by Pinaud (there's a Clubman by other perfumers). However there is now "Clubman Reserve" which has 6 booze influenced scents, then a line of other "Clubman" products like shaving soaps, shampoo, etc, although many of them don't smell like the Ed. Pinaud Clubman.

It's very confusing. And misleading, IMO. Here's my interpretation on most days:

The website is "Clubman" so I always refer to it as Clubman Pinaud, and then Clubman Whiskey Woods, Clubman Gent's Gin, etc. "Clubman" functions as the name of the company.

On the other hand, Ed. Pinaud is the perfumer. In a strange way, the answer to your two questions is "yes" and "yes."

Perhaps for a more authentic answer, or, for more confusion, here's something from the website Clubman Online:

"Founded in France in 1810, the PINAUD brand and its CLUBMAN line of fine men's toiletries can be found in virtually every barber shop across the US. We celebrate and salute that tradition."

This leads one to believe that it's proper name is Pinaud Clubman Whiskey Woods, Pinaud Clubman Gent's Gin, etc.

More confusion: They use the names interchangably: Pinaud-Clubman products, and the Clubman Pinaud line.

:popc::pipe::a45::euro::taz:

I have been using Clubman since the dark ages of canned goo and rusty carts.

"I do solemnly affirm that I will uphold my membership to the Order of Pinaud (a.k.a "The Club"), through my loyalty to the fine A/S, my unwavering dedication to assist all wet shaving enthusiasts, and to promote the iron-clad fellowship that
is B & B.

I do swear this on my sword, Merkur 1904, my lance, and my Omega 48: as my weapons of choice in

smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble".
order-of-pinaud-knighting-jpg.913874

It's very confusing. And misleading, IMO. Here's my interpretation on most days:

The website is "Clubman" so I always refer to it as Clubman Pinaud, and then Clubman Whiskey Woods, Clubman Gent's Gin, etc. "Clubman" functions as the name of the company.

On the other hand, Ed. Pinaud is the perfumer. In a strange way, the answer to your two questions is "yes" and "yes."

Perhaps for a more authentic answer, or, for more confusion, here's something from the website Clubman Online:

"Founded in France in 1810, the PINAUD brand and its CLUBMAN line of fine men's toiletries can be found in virtually every barber shop across the US. We celebrate and salute that tradition."

This leads one to believe that it's proper name is Pinaud Clubman Whiskey Woods, Pinaud Clubman Gent's Gin, etc.

More confusion: They use the names interchangably: Pinaud-Clubman products, and the Clubman Pinaud line.

:popc::pipe::a45::euro::taz:

Clubman-Pinaud seems to be the company name. Their 3 latest scents seem to be "Clubman-Pinaud Reserve name" based upon labeling, the previous three seem to be "Clubman Reserve name". Their "normal" products seem to be "Pinaud Clubman name". The oldest products seem to be labeled "Pinaud name", perhaps the original scents?

Pinaud is the original perfume house founded by Edouard Pinaud and is located in Paris and is not associated with Clubman-Pinaud to my knowledge, which is very limited.

Just noticed 3 more scents offered by Clubman-Pinaud: Sweet Rum, Cognac Neat, and Tequila Tease!

Top Bottom