What's new

Order of Gillette Adjustables

Couldn't find the quarter for my Adjustable but did for one of the Super Speeds (04)! The Super just shaved like a Ferrari (if it was a sports car) right out the case. Which says a lot for 48 year old razor!
The O4 I have is the one we bought our dad for either Christmas or his birthday back in 69-70. It's the one I learned to shave with, so not my birth year, but tons of sentimental value.

The O4 I have is the one we bought our dad for either Christmas or his birthday back in 69-70. It's the one I learned to shave with, so not my birth year, but tons of sentimental value.
I remember you mentioning that in a post. They all have sentimental value to someone and are all historical with a story to tell. Love this hobby...

View attachment 910096 Well I am in if I can still join.

1960 Fatboy (F4), 1964 Slim (J1), 1966 A’crat (L3), 1969 Super Adjustable (O1)...also have 1959 Fatboy (E3) cased...

Nice assortment. I'd like to have an Aristocrat to add to my collection. I found one in a small antique shop about a year ago, she said she just got it and had no idea what it was worth. She went to the back room for a couple of minutes, when she came back she said they were selling for $70 on Ebay and that's what she wanted for it. I need to go back someday and see if she still has it.

Nice assortment. I'd like to have an Aristocrat to add to my collection. I found one in a small antique shop about a year ago, she said she just got it and had no idea what it was worth. She went to the back room for a couple of minutes, when she came back she said they were selling for $70 on Ebay and that's what she wanted for it. I need to go back someday and see if she still has it.
Oh my that 66 A’crat I picked up for $20 on eBay. Little plate loss and a solid example. Fellow was willing to part with it for cheap. I had just seconds earlier missed out an even nicer example on a BIN for the same money. All in the timing.

That is beautiful. Still on the hunt for one of those.

Thanks. I've been looking for one ever since I started collecting about 3 years ago. I thought I'd found one a couple of years ago in an old shoe box but it was just a Toggle :001_302: . I found this one in one of my favorite flea markets about 6 months ago along with a few others for $5 apiece.

2018-03-08 17.08.21.jpg

Here's what I have at the moment in the way of adjustables, I didn't realize I had accumulated so many until I laid them all out at the same time. I've actually given 5 or 6 Fatboys and Probably 8 or 9 Slims to friends and family members. The top row hasn't been completely cleaned up yet but after they are, I'll be finding them new homes along with most of the Slims and Fatboys on the bottom row.

2018-09-06 18.03.11.jpg

Thanks. I've been looking for one ever since I started collecting about 3 years ago. I thought I'd found one a couple of years ago in an old shoe box but it was just a Toggle :001_302: . I found this one in one of my favorite flea markets about 6 months ago along with a few others for $5 apiece.

View attachment 910378
The Executive for $5??!! Well done, never mind the Toggle...LOL

Last edited:

View attachment 910378
That is an incredible pull for sure. Just checked it out on the big screen...wow! Was it a collection or was the vendor just selling different pieces?

That is an incredible pull for sure. Just checked it out on the big screen...wow! Was it a collection or was the vendor just selling different pieces?

Well, it was a vendor that normally dosen't have any shaving products and they all showed up at the same time, so I would guess they came from an estate sale. Due to the condition, I would say the original owner was a user that liked variety, not a collector and since he had so many they all cleaned up to almost like new condition. I was just fortunate to be in the right place at the right time.

Well, it was a vendor that normally dosen't have any shaving products and they all showed up at the same time, so I would guess they came from an estate sale. Due to the condition, I would say the original owner was a user that liked variety, not a collector and since he had so many they all cleaned up to almost like new condition. I was just fortunate to be in the right place at the right time.
No kidding. That would be a cased President or Diplomat? OC Aristocrat, A Rocket, Red Tip...very nice buddy.

No kidding. That would be a cased President or Diplomat? OC Aristocrat, A Rocket, Red Tip...very nice buddy.

Yes, it's a President but for me the best one of the bunch is in the middle, a 1917 Bulldog, one of my all time favorites.

Sorry, getting a little off topic.

1C0A8AB7-0DD8-4E43-9CD5-83D1C19595B6.jpeg
SOTD
1966 Gillette Aristocrat Adjustable
Proraso Green Shaving Cream with matching AS
Omega 10065 Boar
Fresh Astra SP

An almost all Italian affair. Great start to the week!

IMG_20181020_094606.jpg
IMG_20181020_094616.jpg

My small collection. The Slims are H3 & K4, The Fat Boy was my Dad's and is an F1. The first Black Beauty 109 is an O4 and the black base plate is Z3. The short is an O1.
All are in use and shave great. Differences in weight and length just require minimal changes. Love them all.

Top Bottom