What's new

Orange Rubberset 300-2

My question to you guys is... have you ever seen one of these before? It's the only Orange Rubberset brush that I've seen thus far. I bought it a couple years back because it was unique but I'm not really a collector of shaving items so I don't know much about it other than what a quick internet search could provide.

043.jpg
044.jpg
045.jpg

It was made by Rubberset for the Buerger Bros. showroom in Denver Colorado.

Upon searching the internet I've found and copied the following general information about Buerger Bros:

"Buerger Brother History

1885- Hugo, Otto, Max and Julius Buerger, four German-born brothers, founded the Buerger Brothers Barbershop. On April 8, 1930 the firm moved from the 1400 block of Larimer Street, creating the company’s new headquarters building, the Buerger Brothers Building.

The building featured a wholesale showroom on the ground floor and mezzanine stocked with scissors, combs, manicure equipment, barber and beauty shop chairs, creams, lotions, powders and preparations. On the fourth floor, the Buerger Brothers Supply Company manufactured toilet waters and produced a group of products called the Sorority line that included facial oil, bath crystals and oil shampoo."

Any insight or comments are welcome.

Thank you,
David

That's a new one to me. Very sweet brush. Is it painted Orange or is the Catalin dyed orange? Is the bottom a separate piece or just a coloring difference? I love these unique brushes.

$3.00 must have been a good price point back in the day. I have another unique model 300 Rubberset brush that I've only seen one of.

That's a new one to me. Very sweet brush. Is it painted Orange or is the Catalin dyed orange? Is the bottom a separate piece or just a coloring difference? I love these unique brushes.

$3.00 must have been a good price point back in the day. I have another unique model 300 Rubberset brush that I've only seen one of.

The bottom is just a coloring difference. I suspect that it's painted though I'm not sure. I've never seen another like it myself and I can't find anything like it online.

Feel free to post a pic of the brush you have as well.

The bottom is just a coloring difference. I suspect that it's painted though I'm not sure. I've never seen another like it myself and I can't find anything like it online.QUOTE]

It's a unique one for sure. Rubberset and other brush makers did a number of these third-party brushes. They were often a little different from their main production line models. Enjoy it.

That's a great old brush. Wish the antique stores, flea markets, etc. around here had more brushes. They don't turn up often.

That's a great old brush. Wish the antique stores, flea markets, etc. around here had more brushes. They don't turn up often.

There's not much here either. I've probably only seen a handful of brushes in a dozen or more trips to the one antique store that I know of. Back east where people had basements you could find all kinds of older items. Where we're at in Arizona there's no basements, so storage is minimal. Therefore a lot less hoarding going. This kind of stuff is a lot harder to find than it should be.

Top Bottom