What's new

Options for watch with integrated bracelet

As the subject says. I have a watch with an integrated bracelet. It essentially has a half link that is part of the case. I really dislike the bracelet, as it either feels too loose or too tight depending on what I'm doing, and it has no adjustment to compensate for this. Has anyone done this before? I assume that a NATO style strap would NOT be feasible. I think I'd wear this watch more frequently if it had a more comfortable strap. Any experienced suggestions are appreciated.

Are you talking about a watch similar to the Seiko SNKD99? which has an integrated case link in an effort to improve the overall look. Perhaps you could contact some small independent strap maker and see if they would make a custom strap from leather or similar material to fit, or you might be able to cut down a wider leather strap. But you may or may not like how it looks.

If you otherwise like the bracelet you could search for "glidelock clasp" or "watch bracelet clasp extender" and potentially find something to add or replace in order to get a comfortable length. Or a very short link that could be slightly extended much like wearing a dive watch over a wetsuit. Watch Band Stainless Steel Diver Style Buckle Extender - https://www.esslinger.com/watch-band-stainless-steel-diver-style-buckle-extenders/
I have not used any of these options, but have thought about trying to find a replacement clasp with a glidelock mechansim, even though I am concerned about the added thickness.

I'll work on getting a photo. I was actually wearing the watch yesterday, but didn't take a picture. It's nothing really special...a Fossil with my favorite football team's logo on the face. I looked at the Seiko SNKD99, and while the style of the bracelet is similar, the integration is the opposite. The SNKD99 has the center of the bracelet link extend into the case. On my watch, the case has a section that extends into the center of the bracelet.

Ok, as promised, here's a couple of images. The case does have drilled through lugs, so I think that helps. I'm really not sure anything else would look right with the case though. But..any thoughts?

1598635373067.png
1598635596921.png

You might be able to find something on ebay if you dig around, as that type of integrated case lug has been popular in the past. Otherwise I think you are forced to look for a small link that you add near the clasp. Or get a regular Rubber or Leather strap and cut out a middle divot with an razor blade so that it fits. A silicone strap may also work, but need to be careful about getting one thick enough. That assumes the spring bar fits into a slot on that overhanging center lug, otherwise I misunderstand how the band detaches.

you could likely replace the clasp. many have more micro-adjust holes and some even allow for quick adjustments

Top Bottom