What's new

OPTICS FOR HONING??

I actually have the same one and it works nicely but you may want to purchase a different stand. The one it comes with is not very good.

I had one. But after a while you can see what you need to with a 10x loupe. Not knocking it now.
My $5 loupe says 60x, emphasis on SAYS. I've thought about buying a lower magnification, like 20x. I would rather have a loupe with lower magnification that is easy to use than a high magnification loupe that is a pain to get a good view of the edge with.

I tend to use a lower power but good quality loupe. I have bought a bunch of the supposed high mag ones and while some are good, others are rubbish. None are the stated mag out of the ones coming dirt cheap out of asia imo.

You basically have two choices...

3200x
IMG_1024.JPG

or 6400x
IMG_1023.JPG

:001_tt2: anything below 10k magnification is useless :001_tt2: If we cant see down to atom level, the edge will be no good. I wonder what they did 100 years ago

Jokes aside, the closer you look the more you will find and hopefully learn. Each need to find their own balance of what they really need to see. 10x to 20x with clear quality resolution works well for me. I have use a cheap scope of 300x and it was useful to confirm some questions, but never used it again.

Top Bottom