What's new

Opinions

There a barbershop in my city, not too far from me that I decided to give a call to just to see if they offered straight razor shaves. So, I called Gino's shop, lady answered the phone and I asked her: "Do you offer straight razor shaves and if so how much is it?" She replied "oh certainly, let me put you on the phone with the guy who does them." So, I hear this guy get on the phone, sounds like he's a 30's something guy and he said "yeah guy, we sure do. I do straight shaves for $7 for the standard creams. If you want the upper high end creams, it's $10 (I'm assuming he means Taylors/Trumpers). If you want to come in, it's walk in service..Just ask for Razor Charley."

So then I got to thinking about this to myself and heard that little voice in my head that says "Razor Charley? What the hell is this? Some guy who gives himself a title and think's he's a badass because he can use a straight razor? Do I really want to entrust my face to some guy who calls himself Razor Charley?"

So I decided to pass this one by. Am I overreacting or would this have sent bells off in your heads too? :glare:

Justso said:
There a barbershop in my city, not too far from me that I decided to give a call to just to see if they offered straight razor shaves. So, I called Gino's shop, lady answered the phone and I asked her: "Do you offer straight razor shaves and if so how much is it?" She replied "oh certainly, let me put you on the phone with the guy who does them." So, I hear this guy get on the phone, sounds like he's a 30's something guy and he said "yeah guy, we sure do. I do straight shaves for $7 for the standard creams. If you want the upper high end creams, it's $10 (I'm assuming he means Taylors/Trumpers). If you want to come in, it's walk in service..Just ask for Razor Charley."

So then I got to thinking about this to myself and heard that little voice in my head that says "Razor Charley? What the hell is this? Some guy who gives himself a title and think's he's a badass because he can use a straight razor? Do I really want to entrust my face to some guy who calls himself Razor Charley?"

So I decided to pass this one by. Am I overreacting or would this have sent bells off in your heads too? :glare:
Hey Justso,
Are all barbers licensed in your town by a state or local board? If so, I don't think I would worry. As long as he didn't say his name was Ooops Razor Charley..:scared: Or Mack the Knife...

Justso said:
Do I really want to entrust my face to some guy who calls himself Razor Charley?"... Am I overreacting or would this have sent bells off in your heads too? :glare:
You'll never know unless you stop by so you can see for yourself. Until then you'll always wonder.... :wink:

--Mark

guenron said:
Hey Justso,
Are all barbers licensed in your town by a state or local board? If so, I don't think I would worry. As long as he didn't say his name was Ooops Razor Charley..:scared: Or Mack the Knife...
:lol:

I guess Razor Charlie is better than Sweeny Todd. However, alarm bells go off for me too.......I think I'd pass.

Top Bottom