What's new

Opinions on Wilkinson Sword Classics?

You didn't ask me, but be careful with those Nacets! They are as sharp as a Wilki after the coating is worn off, but right out of the box. Some people claim they are smooth, but that is because they cut so efficiently. They are a fairly basic stainless blade, just don't go past 3 or 4 shaves depending on your risk tolerance.
Are they still smooth in terms of not causing irritation?

Are they still smooth in terms of not causing irritation?
That depends directly on how much pressure you use. If you can let the blade do the work, they are fine. They are made in St Petersburg so they won't have any manufacturing defects likely. Any stupid tricks will be met with punishment. Try it in your new SC since you say it has good blade clamping. I wouldn't use one in my Tech clone.

Lucky you! 😂 Thank God I'm really into vintage razors especially Gem/Ever Ready because I can get them so cheaply. Not had it at all with razor blades. I always keep 3 types of blades 1 super sharp(feathers), mid(Wizamets) and then mild blades(Derbys).

As far as I can tell blade acquisition seems to be more of a de thing. I've also got an se (Ever Ready Pat'd 1912) and a shavette (Böker Olivewood Shavette) with both of those razors I just use the one make of blade that I already have. So that'll be Gems ptfe for the Ever Ready and Miraki for the Böker

As far as I can tell blade acquisition seems to be more of a de thing. I've also got an se (Ever Ready Pat'd 1912) and a shavette (Böker Olivewood Shavette) with both of those razors I just use the one make of blade that I already have. So that'll be Gems ptfe for the Ever Ready and Miraki for the Böker
Which is your favorite SE? Mine is the Ever Ready 1924. I think it's my favorite because the angle of attack is closer to a DE razor. I'm not the biggest fan of the others where the cap has to almost pretty much be touching your face to cut properly. And yes having the limited options saved me from alot of head aches trying to find the right blade.

Which is your favorite SE? Mine is the Ever Ready 1924. I think it's my favorite because the angle of attack is closer to a DE razor. I'm not the biggest fan of the others where the cap has to almost pretty much be touching your face to cut properly. And yes having the limited options saved me from alot of head aches trying to find the right blade.

The Ever Ready 1912 is my only se, I don't use it as often as I should but I'm impressed with how good it is at against the grain shaving. Even the troublesome mustache area is no problem.

...Just ordered a 100 pack of Nacets because they where so cheap but I'm giving half of them for my Dad. What do you think of those blades?
Nacets are some of the best Russian blades you can get. How well you will like them is going to depend on your razor and personal preferences.

The Ever Ready 1912 is my only se, I don't use it as often as I should but I'm impressed with how good it is at against the grain shaving. Even the troublesome mustache area is no problem.
I credit that to the thicker blade and how tightly these razors hold the blade.

I really like the German Wilkinson blades. They work well in all my razors and provide nice, close shaves. They are definitely in my top 5 blade rotation.

I used one for the first time yesterday. I started the shave with a Shark in my RazoRock Baby Smooth and it was so ROUGH I couldn't finish with it. I then switched out the Shark for a Wilkinson Sword and it was SUPER SMOOTH.

Kind of perplexing about the Shark because I know they are a bit sharper than the Derby Extra's but I never have a problem with the Derby's pulling or feeling rough like the Shark did? Maybe it was just a dud? I have 4 more I can try.

Anyway, the Wilkinson was awesome! Can't wait to try it in my other razors.

I've used Wilkinson Sword since the late 60's and found them very comfortable and sharp but with my last 100 purchase of Classics I found them sharp but uncomfortable leaving me with some razor burn. The German Classics are not what they used to be.

Have now tried the Wilkinson in another razor and it was also flawless. All my razors are about equally mild so I expect this blade will work with any. Might be a 100 pack in my future?

I think they are very good, I put a Wilkinson sword German in a razor, then a shark super chrome in a duplicate razor and can not tell the difference. Have been doing blind study shaves for the past seven days, both are very smooth, sharp and comfortable. Just my two cents

Top Bottom